Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BEST PCC DROP IN TRIGGER ?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another vote for the Hyperfire PDI. After a couple hundred rounds the pull is just under 2 #. Installation was a breeze. You just have to make sure you have a safety that is compatible. I had a push button safety that I had to swap out. So, that added another $45 to the cost of changing triggers. But I think the switch was well worth it. 

To me, the reset force is almost identical to the ECL, the reset is longer and there is a little pretravel in the PDI than the ECL.  I'm so used to the 24C/ECL for me to change out would have to be a world beater.  And with other triggers versus the 24C/ECL, the bolt (Stern SD BU9 Echo) dragging on the trigger for reset is huge too. The Hiperfires are just less draggy.  This is all my opinion and I'm sure like most things YMMV.

Trigger Tech Diamond AR Trigger.  Set to just under 2 pounds.  You can adjust the trigger from 1.5 to 5 pounds with the turn of a set screw.  I have this in my AR and PCC and love them.  If you are looking for a super positive reset this trigger like the AR Gold trigger is not the trigger you are looking for.  

I do have a CMC 3.5# Flat trigger for sale (new in box), if you have any interest in that trigger.  The CMCs are great triggers, I was just looking for something a bit lighter.

2 hours ago, surfmaster said:

Has anyone tried the CMC Triggers 2.5 lb. version in their PCC? If so, what are your experiences with it: 

https://cmctriggers.com/cmc-ar15-ar10-trigger-group-single-stage-curved-bow 

https://cmctriggers.com/cmc-ar15-ar10-trigger-group-single-stage-flat-bow-946 

We have 3 of them with many many rounds. Flat & curved. Been great. Also have CMC drop in triggers in 3 different AR's. Broke 1 spring over the years and thousands of rounds and CMC CS replaced the trigger with no hassle & no charge. 

gerritm

• 2 weeks later...

My Trigger Tech in my AR is the adjustable version that is quite old, maybe 7 or 8 years of age?  I'm sorry I don't know it's model number.  It did spend some time in my 9mm AR and it damaged it.  They replaced it for no charge.  I was on their web site and see that they have come out with 9mm/MPX specific triggers to tolerate the abuse that this gun throws at them.

I have a Trigger Tech Diamond in my Vudoo and am putting the same trigger in a Bergara.

I just dropped a rose PDI in the gun I'm building for next season. It has a noticeable amount of pretravel as some have mentioned. It's similar to @WxGuy's Pull weight is at 1.5 lbs right out of the box with the shoe all the way at the bottom. Hiperfire says these things need to break in a little, so it may go lower. I can probably run it this light with all that pretravel but we'll see how it goes once I start shooting it. 

I have a POF straight bow trigger that came with my MBX PCC.  I now have just over 30K rounds through it and today the right hand hammer spring leg broke.  This same failure happened at the 8900 round mark too.  It was repaired under warranty and I expect this latest problem will be too.

When I went to the POF website, they now have this warning statement, "****POF-USA DOES NOT RECOMMEND THE USE OF THIS TRIGGER IN ANY 9MM PCC CARBINES. ****" 

As a result of the manufacturer's warning and the comments above, I plan to order a CMC drop in with straight trigger bow.  I'd like to use the 2.5# model but the website doesn't state one way or the other whether this is appropriate for 9mm PCCs.  I've sent them an email request and will let you know what I find out.

I have an Eclipse in my three gun AR-15 and really like it.  It has been very reliable.

As a result, I put one in my previous PCC.  In that use, my experience was very unsatisfactory.  The trigger failed three times.  It appears the much higher level of dirt in the blowback PCC was the main cause.  I want something that goes bang every time, not just when it has been removed from the lower and cleaned in an ultrasonic cleaned every few thousand rounds