Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

For those that have moved from Production to CCO

ramairthree

Very cool.

I had almost a ten year break from going to matches.

I went to a USPSA and was one of two production shooters there and other than the classifier all the stages were crazy complicated hunt and peck, obscured, far shoot compared to what the used to be like.  A much more serious vibe than I was used to.

I’m thinking of throwing a DPP on my Wilson Brig Tac and shooting CCO,

or trying some local IDPA with my stock Langdon Elite in SSP.

a decade ago, there were some great USPSA matches from my perspective, that were hard and challenging but fun.   And I found IDPA boring.  

My recent few USPSA outings have been not fun and frustrating.  I want the shooting to be both fun interesting.  I don’t find Easter hunt for targets or stages designed to be full of gotchas fun.

I will try a few other USPSA clubs and try some IDPA again.  But was weighing if I go CCO to stick with 92 based, RDO my APX, my 19 MOS, or the DPP/M17 combo.  I guess I could consider my SP01 as well.

9 hours ago, ramairthree said:

I went to a USPSA and was one of two production shooters there and other than the classifier all the stages were crazy complicated hunt and peck, obscured, far shoot compared to what the used to be like.  A much more serious vibe than I was used to.

I will try a few other USPSA clubs and try some IDPA again.  But was weighing if I go CCO to stick with 92 based, RDO my APX, my 19 MOS, or the DPP/M17 combo.  I guess I could consider my SP01 as well.

I guess it depends where you are and where you shoot... 

I think, overall, the sport has progressed in some ways - the simpler days are a bit behind us...

Hell, even one of the local IDPA clubs has National-level (or better) stages at the regular monthly match... 

9 hours ago, ramairthree said:

I’m thinking of throwing a DPP on my Wilson Brig Tac and shooting CCO,

or trying some local IDPA with my stock Langdon Elite in SSP.

Do it! Be well, man!

Ok, I like the Leupold mount and DPP setup better than the other.

My holster works with both, but I can’t even remember the brand/model number of my holster and nothing printed on it I Can see.

[URL=https://photobucket.com/u/ramairfour/a/6f70c06e-47d1-49b4-82bc-f0787880bf73/p/d017a802-83ba-434f-a1e1-2b7b12a83e62][IMG]https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/uu220/ramairfour/8867FB05-8B5F-413C-9112-665AD2901CD8.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=https://photobucket.com/u/ramairfour/a/6f70c06e-47d1-49b4-82bc-f0787880bf73/p/2bb04a61-6a30-4ad7-805e-113d78e9600a][IMG]https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/ramairfour/Beretta/image.jpg1_zpsskt37vn0.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds[/IMG][/URL]

I have looked at the 92X RDO and LTT RDO pictures.  I like the LTT better.  No slides in stock.

• 2 months later...
On 10/19/2021 at 9:26 PM, Less said:

Use a MecGar 18rd tube, add a CZ custom of Henning base pad, then add a grams follower. 23+1.

Hit me on IG and I'll send you SKU's... 

Ok, this worked for me.  I did have issues with the follower catching on the slide stop activator-some mags zero issues, a couple of mags, would load fine but catch and have to be dragged out for reloads, a couple of mags it would catch the follower on insertion and get FTF, on one mag it had both problems.  I did a little sanding, and no hope of last round slide hold open, but all are feeding and shooting and falling out on release great.

On 10/19/2021 at 9:26 PM, Less said:

• 3 months later...

I found that the TTI CZ75 pads do not fit the gauge on Beretta MecGar tubes, so avoid those. 

Have Canik TP9 pads coming to test from Henning, Springer, and Taylor Freelance.

It's been said that Canik mags have the same lower angle as the Beretta mags, so the fit is more natural. You can see the CZ75 pads tilt a little, which is probably why some have issues fitting the gauge with Beretta tubes. 

I have also heard that the CZ75 Grams spring and follower kit can add a round. So, on a 140mm people are getting 23+1. The Grams follower needs to be trimmed to avoid the magazine catch, which it can bind on. 

On 5/10/2022 at 8:01 AM, esajz24 said:

I found that the TTI CZ75 pads do not fit the gauge on Beretta MecGar tubes, so avoid those. 

Have Canik TP9 pads coming to test from Henning, Springer, and Taylor Freelance.

It's been said that Canik mags have the same lower angle as the Beretta mags, so the fit is more natural. You can see the CZ75 pads tilt a little, which is probably why some have issues fitting the gauge with Beretta tubes. 

I have also heard that the CZ75 Grams spring and follower kit can add a round. So, on a 140mm people are getting 23+1. The Grams follower needs to be trimmed to avoid the magazine catch, which it can bind on. 

I have three with Grams follower/spring, two Springer extensions, one Taylor Freelance.

All fit the gauge, though the Springer fits with a hair more room.

Springer holds 23 easily reloadable. The TF requires you to really want to seat it for it to lock in with 23 rounds in it 

All work fine in the gun with 23 rounds in them.

They started life as Mech Gar 18 round mags 

On 5/11/2022 at 1:52 PM, usmc1974 said:

I shoot a Gen 5 glock 19 with glock 17 magazines and arredondo +6 mag extensions  for 24 rounds before I need to reload

Is that 23+1 in the pipe?  Or are you getting 24 rounds into the mag?  If it holds 24, does it fit in the mag gauge?

Thanks. 

Edited by Cuz

1 hour ago, Cuz said:

Is that 23+1 in the pipe?  Or are you getting 24 rounds into the mag?  If it holds 24, does it fit in the mag gauge?

Thanks. 

Yes 23+1 and yes it does been using them for years

OIP.jpeg

21 hours ago, usmc1974 said:

Yes 23+1 and yes it does been using them for years

OIP.jpeg

Nice, I think I'm only getting 22+1 with my Taylor Freelance pads, but honestly, this is my first year ever shooting Carry Optics and I came from Production, so finding 1 spot somewhere on the stage to do my 1 reload is very nice...