Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If you were to buy a new mold What one?

KLWorkman

I have a CZ 75B omega 9MM that I am starting to use in USPSA. The barrel is large at .3562" and has a 1:10 twist. Loads are minor powder factor. I cast and can powder coat my own bullets. I have a Lee 120 TC mold and a Lee 125 RNFP molds already. I have not found excellent accuracy in either of these molds/bullets when I load to a 130 PF. Accuracy is there around 850-900fps but groups open up when velocity is increased. I have tried these powders. Bullseye WW231  AA No.7  Win.WST  Blue Dot  Solo1000. 

If you were to buy a mold for a 9MM in the 135-147g. range, what mold would you buy? Would it have a lube groove or not?

I have Mi-hec, NOE, and Accurate molds that are higher quality than the Lee's.

1 hour ago, AHI said:

Magma Engineering 147FN NLG.

1 hour ago, AHI said:

Should add I have this mold. It is accurate enough for NRA Precision pistol competition.

If you wont to try before you buy. SNS uses the same mold.

KL:

I think AHI is offering up some very solid information!

IIRC, I have some of the SNS bullets to spare............

:)

I would definitely go with an 8 cavity MiHec no lube groove.  I picked up one of these for making 155-160 bullets for my revolver and I cant get over how fast it is.  The bullets just fall out of the mould when you open it and dropping 8 bullets at a time means I can really make a lot in a shorter amount of time. 

Below is a pic of the bullets coated in PC and HiTek and also one of the mould.

MIHEC Bullets web.jpg

8 cavity mould.jpg

Edited by Intel6