Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are the top shooters using at the 2021 PCC Nationals?

1 hour ago, Bdh821 said:

First place, Max used a JP5

2nd place, Scott used a JP GMR15 I believe

3rd place, Zack I'm not sure

4th place, I used my MPX

5th place, John used some JP GMR15 I believe

Congrats, and modest too!  Just kidding!  Nice finish against awesome competition.

Nolan

7 hours ago, Bdh821 said:

First place, Max used a JP5

2nd place, Scott used a JP GMR15 I believe

3rd place, Zack I'm not sure

4th place, I used my MPX

5th place, John used some JP GMR15 I believe

Nah. Scott shoots that Limcat gun. 

35 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

Congratulations!!

Thanks!

24 minutes ago, TonytheTiger said:

Well we know what Froelich shot, now I wanna know what he did to get DQ'd?

Stage 16, weak hand sting reload. It was very unfortunate and sad to see. He was crushing the match. My guess is he would have won. 

3 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

Well we know what Froelich shot, now I wanna know what he did to get DQ'd?

Sent one over the berm on a reload from what I understand. 

2 hours ago, jerseyglock said:

Weak hand sting reload per COF?

Weak hand reload was not required per the written stage brief but for a competitive time you should have had a method to where you didn’t have to switch hands to reload and switch hands again to complete the last 6 shots. 

The best method we observed PCC wise was maintain your strong hand on the rail and remove your weak hand from the grip and reload the PCC using your normal hand to do so.  Not conventional but it seemed the safest way. Not sure which method Froelich tried to complete the reload weak hand. 

Edited by Boomstick303
11 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

Sent one over the berm on a reload from what I understand. 

Weak hand reload was not required per the written stage brief but for a competitive time you should have had a method to where you didn’t have to switch hands to reload and switch hands again to complete the last 6 shots. 

The best method we observed PCC wise was maintain your strong hand on the rail and remove your weak hand from the grip and reload the PCC using your normal hand to do so.  Not conventional but it seemed the safest way. Not sure which method Froelich tried to complete the reload weak hand. 

I watched him shoot as I was on that squad and I cant recall exactly how he did it. I pressed mag release with weak hand and strong hand reloaded. I’d say most did that on the super squad. I will agree with your method tho. 

51 minutes ago, Bdh821 said:

--- snip --- I pressed mag release with weak hand --- snip ---

How did you do this? Reach over, around , under, ambi... ?

TIA,

Chuck

PS: When a friend showed me the COF, I figured I would reload with my "normal" hand (the one that knows how to reload 😉 ) but manipulating the mag release was not obvious.

Add JP-5 to 17th. 

As for the dumb weak hand stage, I just set up a Safariland RH pouch to angle the opposite way. I used my right hand to grab the mag and shove it in while the left hand stayed on the grip. It felt silly prentending to be wrong handed but at least the ambi controls work well. 

10 hours ago, WxGuy said:

That kind of reload needs pursuing this weekend.

Something I am going to play around with for certain.  I shot carry optics so I thought it was easier than what PCCs had to do.  I didn't even have to use a special mag pouch in that I just set the mag in the correct orientation on a magnet.  Not going to spend a lot of time on this, but at least have an idea in place I am comfortable with that I can then practice if this sort of stage comes up again.   

2 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

Something I am going to play around with for certain.  I shot carry optics so I thought it was easier than what PCCs had to do.  I didn't even have to use a special mag pouch in that I just set the mag in the correct orientation on a magnet.  Not going to spend a lot of time on this, but at least have an idea in place I am comfortable with that I can then practice if this sort of stage comes up again.   

That was kind of my mindset as well. 

Not going to win the match from a stage like this… but you can sure as **** lose it… as Froelich found out. 😬