Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness stock III rear sight

Dubler

At one time Henning made fixed rear sights to replace the LPA super sight Tanfoglio uses, unfortunately I don't see it listed anywhere anymore.

What Polymer is trying to say is those sights hold up better when the elevation is screwed most of the way down, with the elevation adjusted all the way down the "arm" that holds the rear sight blade can't move as much during recoil and the adjustment screw and pivot pin hold up much better this way. You would likely need to replace your front sight to get the point of aim and point of impact to line up correctly

The good and bad of the Tanfo front sight swap is that it's easy.  So easy, sometimes, your gun will do it for you by launching your front sight downrange never to be seen again.

Undo the set screw, tap your front sight forward, tap your new one in, and make sure you have the set screw well loctited.

Edited by attakmint

• 9 months later...

Maybe this will help the OP, it is the same sight for the Tanfoglio stock 1. I saw this in the 2022 Tanfoglio catalog. I believe you can get this from the Global Tanfoglio website, unless you are from the US. If from the US maybe Italian Firearms Group can help.

image.png.57921389ca75bf99d2f83cd842d1391d.png

• 1 month later...

Just an observation on the factory fixed rear sight in my earlier post, in case anyone is considering it. Just got a Stock 1 which comes with that rear sight.

For the lack of the a better description, I would say that the sight picture is "crowded" and it was a bit hard to get a fast and/or accurate sight picture.

The Stock 3 I recently tried with the factory adjustable rear sight did offer a much. much better sight picture. Day and night difference at least for my eyes. 

I even liked the sight picture of my Armscor MAP1 better than the sights on the Stock 1

I think the crowded sight picture using that fixed rear sight can be remedied with a thinner front sight though and fiber optics may help too. 

Edited by DenC