Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help With Build

nightwolf47

I started a build for a 3 gun rifle, I wasn't going to do one but wife always said i need a hobby lol. Anyways I already got some parts listed below. what i would like to know is , i was planning on getting a odin works zulu 2.0 but herd there fussy with buffer and springs witch i was planning getting JP silent buffer kit. Another stock i was looking into was BAD SABERTUBE Lightweight Stock Kit, or should i keep it simple and go with Minimalist Stock. thanks in advance.

thunder ranch upper and lower

FZ lightweight BCG

odin works 223 wylde barrel & hand guard

hipertouch eclipse trigger

I've got 3 Zulu's, 1 first gen and 2 2.0. I greatly prefer the first gen, but have never had any functional issues with any of them regardless of spring or buffer combo.

I agree 100% with @DesertTortoise the last place you want to go light is the rear of the gun. I had an MFT Minimalist for a while and it was the worst stock I've ever had because of its lightness. Also stay away from any stock that has a tiny butt pad, like the Strike Industries Viper or a lot of the other minimalist stocks, because focusing all the recoil energy on a smaller surface area increases the felt recoil. 

3 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

I've got 3 Zulu's, 1 first gen and 2 2.0. I greatly prefer the first gen, but have never had any functional issues with any of them regardless of spring or buffer combo.

I agree 100% with @DesertTortoise the last place you want to go light is the rear of the gun. I had an MFT Minimalist for a while and it was the worst stock I've ever had because of its lightness. Also stay away from any stock that has a tiny butt pad, like the Strike Industries Viper or a lot of the other minimalist stocks, because focusing all the recoil energy on a smaller surface area increases the felt recoil. 

why do u like the first gen more, i plan on using the the jp silence spring , that wont interfer with the secondary spring the zulu 2.0

The 2nd gens length of pull bottoms out at 12.9 inches, which is a half inch longer than I like. I asked Odin about and they said I can buy a few parts to basically convert it back to a gen 1, I just haven't done it yet.

Having shot the gen 1 vs gen 2 side by side on the same rifle I would say the secondary spring is just a marketing gimmick.

15 minutes ago, TonytheTiger said:

The 2nd gens length of pull bottoms out at 12.9 inches, which is a half inch longer than I like. I asked Odin about and they said I can buy a few parts to basically convert it back to a gen 1, I just haven't done it yet.

Having shot the gen 1 vs gen 2 side by side on the same rifle I would say the secondary spring is just a marketing gimmick.

ok so i can remove the secondary spring and use it as a normal buffer tube or use anything with the second spring