Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Colt 1911 22 By Walther Any Good?

AzShooter

I've been thinking of adding a 1911 22 to my inventory.  I had a GSG 1911 22 all tricked out but my son liked it so I gave it to him.  I've been looking for a replacement for about 2 years and non seem available.  Checking my local Sportsman's Warehouse, they have a Colt 1911 22 by Walther.  It's not as compatible for replacement parts but seems to be a good pistol from the reports I've read so far.

Anyone tried one?  Does it hold up?  I'd like to hear from people that have used them a lot.

Thanks

Steven Bressan

AzShooter@aol.com

• 1 month later...

Steve,

Someone in my squad shot one in the match yesterday.  It ran flawlessly, something I've not seen from the 22 conversions.  I've considered one myself after watching him.  However, I'm not sure I care for the factory sights if you're not going to go carry optics.

Al

Al:

Thanks.  I opted for the Gold Cup Trophy model and it has adjustable sights.  I did replace the front sight with a fiber optic from Dawson Precision.  Horrible trigger out of the box and I'm working on that.  This gun will run anything I try from CCI Mini Mags to Wolf Match Extra.

You would think a "Gold Cup Trophy" model would have a good trigger from the factory.  So much for quality control.  I had the same issue with my Shadow 2 Orange and S&W 929.  Both were supposed to be special production and both had horrible triggers out of the box, no where near what they claimed.

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, Almo said:

Steve, what did you finally get the trigger down to?

My trigger is now set at 4 pounds 3 ounces.  I had it down to 3 pounds but it was a little too light for me.  I had a few ADs during practice and don't want to have them anymore.  I'll play with it for a bit and then try to go lower.