Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reliability of Aftermarket Reduced Power Trigger Return Spring


hlsccsfa
 Share

Recommended Posts

Speak from my own experience, cgw reduced power trigger return spring + 11.5# main spring result in a 5lb 12oz DA pull in a brand new Shadow 2. which is pretty good. Now my questions is: how long does these after market trigger return spring last. 

 

I know for a fact that CZ had to come up with an upgraded version of their standard trigger return spring for Shadow 2 (in dark bronze color) to improve reliability and they made sure that these last at least 50,000 DA pulls. Just wondering

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, hlsccsfa said:

Speak from my own experience, cgw reduced power trigger return spring + 11.5# main spring result in a 5lb 12oz DA pull in a brand new Shadow 2. which is pretty good. Now my questions is: how long does these after market trigger return spring last. 

 

I know for a fact that CZ had to come up with an upgraded version of their standard trigger return spring for Shadow 2 (in dark bronze color) to improve reliability and they made sure that these last at least 50,000 DA pulls. Just wondering

 

I can't put a number on it, but less than a year. I dryfire a decent amount. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speaking from experience when my Cajun TRS broke at a club match, it was right up there with @Racinready300ex at a little over a year, but I offer this: Consider replacing it before a major match (get a few rounds in though), or as part of a routine consumable part like in a oil and oil filter change for a car.

 

Just my thought, but I grew tired of a mushy trigger, so I went back to the stock TRS. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, melbigson said:

Less than a year for the factory CZ or the CGW? I just ordered the CGW one last night. Believe they said theirs are supposed to last longer. 

 

CGW spring. My first spring died in like 600 rounds. But I found a little piece of gravel in the gun that time. Second one was less than a year. I'd say either stay with CZ or plan to replace them a couple times a year just to be safe. If you don't dry fire I imagine they'll last a while. 

 

When I dry fire I only pull through the DA for the first shot if that matters. I tend to DF twice a day 5 days a week for about 7 months out of the year. If that's helpful at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, Racinready300ex and SouperMan. I'll stay with the factory TRS. A few more ounces in DA pull weight is not a big deal and yes, the factory TRS makes the DA pull a lot smoother.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

 

CGW spring. My first spring died in like 600 rounds. But I found a little piece of gravel in the gun that time. Second one was less than a year. I'd say either stay with CZ or plan to replace them a couple times a year just to be safe. If you don't dry fire I imagine they'll last a while. 

 

When I dry fire I only pull through the DA for the first shot if that matters. I tend to DF twice a day 5 days a week for about 7 months out of the year. If that's helpful at all.

I tend to dry fire any time these zoom meetings get boring. Turn the camera off, aim at my little orange sticker on the wall, and click away. This happens a lot.

 

4 hours ago, SouperMan said:

Speaking from experience when my Cajun TRS broke at a club match, it was right up there with @Racinready300ex at a little over a year, but I offer this: Consider replacing it before a major match (get a few rounds in though), or as part of a routine consumable part like in a oil and oil filter change for a car.

 

Just my thought, but I grew tired of a mushy trigger, so I went back to the stock TRS. 

Dang now I'm real curious to see how this CGW TRS is going to feel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, melbigson said:

I tend to dry fire any time these zoom meetings get boring. Turn the camera off, aim at my little orange sticker on the wall, and click away. This happens a lot.

 

Dang now I'm real curious to see how this CGW TRS is going to feel. 

 

The TRS is responsible for some of the resistance you feel when you pull the trigger back (Hammer Spring + Trigger Return Spring). It is also responsible for pushing the trigger back into position (TRS + to a certain extent the Trigger Bar Return Spring). 

 

The only way I can describe it is the crispness of the trigger through its whole pull. A trigger can feel too soft, but this boils down to personal preference. Before, I was chasing the lightest trigger possible, and this required the use of Federal primers. I started tuning for Winchester/CCI, and while increasing the hammer spring weight I really enjoyed the heavier trigger pull (went from like 5-6# to like 7-8#) and it was something that I could live with.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SouperMan said:

 

The TRS is responsible for some of the resistance you feel when you pull the trigger back (Hammer Spring + Trigger Return Spring). It is also responsible for pushing the trigger back into position (TRS + to a certain extent the Trigger Bar Return Spring). 

 

The only way I can describe it is the crispness of the trigger through its whole pull. A trigger can feel too soft, but this boils down to personal preference. Before, I was chasing the lightest trigger possible, and this required the use of Federal primers. I started tuning for Winchester/CCI, and while increasing the hammer spring weight I really enjoyed the heavier trigger pull (went from like 5-6# to like 7-8#) and it was something that I could live with.

 

 

I can imagine how a lighter TRS weight would lead to the trigger feeling not as crisp, especially on the return now that I'm picturing it. Now I'm eager to try for myself, thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/8/2021 at 11:46 PM, SouperMan said:

 

The TRS is responsible for some of the resistance you feel when you pull the trigger back (Hammer Spring + Trigger Return Spring). It is also responsible for pushing the trigger back into position (TRS + to a certain extent the Trigger Bar Return Spring). 

 

The only way I can describe it is the crispness of the trigger through its whole pull. A trigger can feel too soft, but this boils down to personal preference. Before, I was chasing the lightest trigger possible, and this required the use of Federal primers. I started tuning for Winchester/CCI, and while increasing the hammer spring weight I really enjoyed the heavier trigger pull (went from like 5-6# to like 7-8#) and it was something that I could live with.

 

 

Ok Mr SouperMan, if you are ever in San Diego I owe you a bowl of soup because I'll be damned if you weren't spot on. After trying the reduced power TRS and immediately feeling it was soggy, my factory TRS is back on and that trigger feels much better!

 

Anybody want a free reduced power TRS? LOL. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...