Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio 10mm magazine issue

I have 4 OEM 10mm high capacity mags and one of them self ejects when the firearms is fired (Hunter) and jams the gun (limited custom) when fired. I can not see or measure any difference between in and the other 3, the end plate was changed do to magwell. Any trouble shooting suggestions? To send it back for a new one is an option, but for the cost of shipping, why bother.

4 hours ago, Ronemus said:

You might want to measure the gap between the feed lips, front and rear; they control the presentation of the round, and can be bent out of shape by rough handling.

Good idea. Maybe someone goofed and sent a 9mm mag. 

Solved, The Custom has a magwell so I changed the butplates on the magazines that had flat plates, one of the extensions was to high on the magazine, there is a slot that the mag slides into, the upper wall was too tall. I took grips off to watch the mag lock and it wasn't securing the magazine so the Hunter would hold the mag until a round was fired then the mag was kicked down. The Custom was snug enough that the mag felt secure but when fired instead of kicking the mag down, it just pushed it a little, causing the jam. Used a belt sander on the mag extension and all is well now.

20211009_160250.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That was going to be my next question. 😀 I had one for my 22 that had a small plastic flashing on it that wouldn’t let it seat easily. It worked but was difficult to seat. A little trim with an exacto and all was good. Glad you got it running. 👍