Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No luck getting accurate load with Berry's 124 HBRN in BHP

KAYCEEMAN

1056692416_BERRYS124HBRN.thumb.jpg.7e5b4653df58f2c61f7856753008a112.jpgHowdy!

Browning Hi Power with ported barrel. 124 HBRN loaded to 1.150".  4.5 of W 231. Lee FCD@.377". CCI-500, Speer Nickle case(very consistent, BTW). Strictly a target load, not worried about making a power factor; just for keeping skills sharp. 

Groups from sandbag are running over 3" @15 yards with 3 different pistols. Bullets mic out and weigh consistently.

Chrono data from BHP: 1033, 1041, 1045, 982, error( doesn't like shiny bullets).

Have I just missed the "node"? Does O.B.T. theory work on pistols, too?

TIA

Kayceeman

Edited by KAYCEEMAN
add pic

4 minutes ago, Ssanders224 said:

If you want the most accuracy out of your 9mm, go to a true JHP and never look back. 

Totally agree!

Contact Roze Distribution as they usually have sample packs available of their EXCELLENT JHP and/or JHP Conical bullets!

http://www.rozedist.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=RZD

Highly recommended!

KCM, try loading the HBRN shorter than 1.150".  Accuracy should increase and the higher pressure should help with the SDs.

FWIW, Hap bullets are the most accurate I've tried.  Zero JHPs are a very close second.  Precision Delta and Everglades JPS are tied for third.  I really like Montana Gold JHPs, but I've only used them in 40sw, so I can't speak to 9mm accuracy.

Berry's bullets have always been accurate for me.  I use them for steel challenge.  X-Treme plated leave something to be desired.