Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Searching for a video....

A few years ago I saw a video on youtube of one of the older revolver greats shooting a sort of challenge match against a more modern great shooting a 1911. The revolver shooter was firing from the hip while the 1911 shooter used a modified Weaver. It was actually a pretty close match, drawing and firing on targets at about 25 feet if I remember correctly. 

I really want to watch the video again and study some things. Problem is I can't remember who the shooters were and I have searched for hours using different names but can't find the video again.

Anyone know or have seen the video? Can you help me with a link or the shooter's names?

On 10/2/2021 at 10:32 PM, Dranoel said:

A few years ago I saw a video on youtube of one of the older revolver greats shooting a sort of challenge match against a more modern great shooting a 1911. The revolver shooter was firing from the hip while the 1911 shooter used a modified Weaver. It was actually a pretty close match, drawing and firing on targets at about 25 feet if I remember correctly. 

I really want to watch the video again and study some things. Problem is I can't remember who the shooters were and I have searched for hours using different names but can't find the video again.

Anyone know or have seen the video? Can you help me with a link or the shooter's names?

Was it a heads up match (both shooting at the same time) or like USPSA?

I did a search for challenge match, and although I did not find any video of what you seek, I did find links to a Texas Challenge Match from 1989, with WSB's and stage descriptions.

https://blog.krtraining.com/1989-texas-challenge-uspsa-match/

The video I saw was a heads up math between just the two shooters with half a dozen or so stages. There's a part of me that swears Mickey Fowler was the pistol shooter and  and Ed McGivern was shooting the revolver. But I can't find any evidence they had such a match. I really want to study the revolver shooter. He was dead on accurate with the barrel just inches above the holster. Obviously a VERY practiced index and absolutely amazing how he was as fast and accurate shooting that way with a DA revolver.

Edited by Dranoel