Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help with Witness Stock

Redhemi

Hi all,

I have a early model Witness Stock it has the round trigger guard. I want to do a few changes and also lighten the trigger a little. The double action pull is terrible and the single is acceptable. I want to keep it double action. I can't stand the trigger it's to much of a hook for me I would prefer something a little straighter. I'm also looking for a extended mag release (short thumbs). I am very familiar with CZs and can do a lot of my own work on them so working on the Witness should be no problem replacing parts and polishing is the fun part. I have looked at a few different sites (Patriot Defense) but I'm not sure of what will fit my gun due to the differences between it and the newer models. So any suggestions on springs for the various parts (hammer, trigger return, trigger bar etc) would be help full. Well that's where I'll start for now. Thanks for any help and suggestions. I have changed the grips already. Pic added.

tanfoglio new grips.jpg

I believe all the ignition parts for a Large Frame Tanfoglio will fit yours the same as they fit a competition frame so anything you see at PD should work.  As you already know the grips are different, also the hammer uses a roll pin not a solid pin T thinks that's about it on the differences other than cosmetic

Rich! It's Nick from CalGuns...dude, hit me up if you need help but here is a head start:

Watch this playlist on how to fully takedown that Witness and the areas to polish: 

I suggest getting Gold team ext safety, Nitro fin thumb rest, ext mag release, 15# hammer spring, 9# recoil spring, polish the internals according to the video. It will smooth out that DA and reduce the pull weight.

I've been looking through Patriots website and do want the trigger and a few other parts. I was going to ask you on Calguns if you had any extra parts and a spring suggestion but I guess I don't need to now thanks. I have watched that video series a few times and have already disassembled the gun and have been polishing parts in my spare time the last couple of days. Thanks again and keep them coming.

8 minutes ago, Redhemi said:

I've been looking through Patriots website and do want the trigger and a few other parts. I was going to ask you on Calguns if you had any extra parts and a spring suggestion but I guess I don't need to now thanks. I have watched that video series a few times and have already disassembled the gun and have been polishing parts in my spare time the last couple of days. Thanks again and keep them coming.

PM me I do have some parts in my drawer you might want 👍