Jeff O

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Jeff O said:

He muzzled his leg on a draw. Sponsored shooter of the title match sponsor. ANYBODY else would have been gone.

That is the general consensus yes.

Multiple stages tossed, 3 minute walk throughs, doubling up stages in bays when you have over a dozen bays available..... I used to love idpa.

Popper screwed, now dqed, then undqed. Hmmm, interesting 

Thought I should clarify, I never thought he was popper screwed, as all rules were followed, but there was much wailing. But now the rules were overlooked to truly screw someone out of a win at a national level event, but I have seen considerably less about this. Maybe cause it is idpa and no one cares idk

Edited by RJH

41 minutes ago, RJH said:

Thought I should clarify, I never thought he was popper screwed, as all rules were followed

He was screwed, but it was all with in the rules. People get hosed by that rule pretty regularly really, but it's the rule. We all know there is a risk with steel. 

That said, just because he didn't get a reshoot doesn't mean he would of won that match. Had that stage gone differently he might not of shot the rest of the match as aggressively as he did. There is no way to know.

2 hours ago, rowdyb said:

That is the general consensus yes.

Multiple stages tossed, 3 minute walk throughs, doubling up stages in bays when you have over a dozen bays available..... I used to love idpa.

Yeah that was horrible, two stages two squads in one bay. Both stages briefed at the same time and two squads trying to walk-through two stages in 5 mins. Horrible idea, but apparently it’s going to be the Nationals/ Worlds standard for now. 

3 minutes ago, SSGGlock said:

Yeah that was horrible, two stages two squads in one bay. Both stages briefed at the same time and two squads trying to walk-through two stages in 5 mins. Horrible idea, but apparently it’s going to be the Nationals/ Worlds standard for now. 

People that shot the match should probably email HQ with there issues. It'll probably fall on deaf ears. But if everyone just says stuff like the generic what a great match and thanks to the sponsors. HQ will assume it was great and everyone liked it, so why change anything. 

2 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Sad that there was drama.

Making a dogs lunch out of the walk throughs would make me crazy. All that money and time invested in the match and then not getting a proper chance to get your head wrapped around a stage is something I've only seen at 1 major (USPSA), it sucked eggs there as well. 

35 minutes ago, Jeff O said:

Response should have been?

"This isn't USPSA"....or "not here".....or apparently the correct answer is, "Oh, my bad you're good then" 

I hear others were DQ'd on this stage for sweeping themselves the same way. Someone also shot themselves in the foot at this match, some rumors are it was on this stage. 

8 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

"This isn't USPSA"....or "not here".....or apparently the correct answer is, "Oh, my bad you're good then" 

I hear others were DQ'd on this stage for sweeping themselves the same way. Someone also shot themselves in the foot at this match, some rumors are it was on this stage. 

I think the foot shooter was a different stage, they loaded everyone at the same time.

Everyone knew not to sweep themselves it was put out during the stage brief. 

1 minute ago, SSGGlock said:

I think the foot shooter was a different stage, they loaded everyone at the same time.

I've heard that too. 

I don't really get the load everyone hot thing. Clearly IDPA was extremely concerned with time at this match. 

3 minutes ago, SSGGlock said:

Correct. In their infinite wisdom the "panel" decided two spectators behind the stage line were in a better position to make the call than the SO and Scorekeeper who were standing right there. Nothing but blatant favoritism.

3 minutes ago, Jeff O said:

Correct. In their infinite wisdom the "panel" decided two spectators behind the stage line were in a better position to make the call than the SO and Scorekeeper who were standing right there. Nothing but blatant favoritism.

Exactly and apparently video, which in the rule book is prohibited.

49 minutes ago, Jeff O said:

So, it could be said that the IDPA really shot themselves in the foot on this one. 🤕

And likely Mr. Racaza to some degree. People do not forget this stuff, they also don't forget it when a pro takes a dq with good sportsmanship.