Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who has coated a gun for you LATELY

kcobean

I've contacted 2 places about NiB coating a gun and neither has returned my emails or calls.  I have a bald gun that I need to get coated before the rust takes over.  I want it to look as close to bald as possible when finished (i.e. I'm not looking for color, I just want the corrosion protection.  

IMG_0825.JPG

Did you try H&M?  They should get back to you within a day or two.  And their turnaround time is great.  Usually a couple weeks.  If you need a contact for them, send me a pm and I'll get you the info.  As for rust protection, get some Birchwood Casey Barricade (fka Sheath).  I've used the stuff for 20+ years and have run guns in the white for extended periods and have zero problems with rust.

On 9/27/2021 at 11:30 AM, ltdmstr said:

Did you try H&M?  They should get back to you within a day or two.  And their turnaround time is great.  Usually a couple weeks.  If you need a contact for them, send me a pm and I'll get you the info.  As for rust protection, get some Birchwood Casey Barricade (fka Sheath).  I've used the stuff for 20+ years and have run guns in the white for extended periods and have zero problems with rust.

i think I found their website. Based out of Akron, OH?

No pictures of their work.  Do you have any?  

thanks for the tip on the Barricade.  Will give that a try in the meantime

2 hours ago, donnyglock said:

Not a fan of Richter’s finishes. They do a nice job but most of their finishes are not very durable. Plus they are way to expensive for what you get. 

The decorative finishes are just that, but the TiN and TiCN or AlTiN are rock solid

On 10/4/2021 at 9:38 PM, waktasz said:

The decorative finishes are just that, but the TiN and TiCN or AlTiN are rock solid

I have sent many guns to richter and that’s not been my experience. Found the same coatings much tougher from other companies.