Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eastern Washington competitions?

Hey all,

I lived and competed on western washington for a decade'ish.  Moved to Louisiana couple years back and am now deciding on where I'm going to plop down for retirement.  The shooting sports, especially 3gun, play a big role in where I want to plop down at.  I really wanted to locate to Prescott, AZ area but the housing market there is absurd.  After leaving Washington I vowed never to return because of the state of politics and anti-2a sentiment there.  Well it's sort of back on the table as an option.  Spokane area atleast.   Is there a big scene over there still with more than a single match to shoot a month for uspsa and 3gun?  I know in western Washington there was always something to do on any given weekend.  I just dont want to end up like I am right now driving 3 hours each way for matches on the weekends because surprisingly there isnt a big scene here.   I guess people just cant afford to play where I live lol.  

Thanks

Jason 

• 2 months later...

A little late to respond, but here is what I can share.

Sharp Practical Shooters holds USPSA once a month, Outdoor during late Spring through early Fall, then move indoor to Sharp Shooting Indoor Range.  Usually 4th or last Sunday.

Fernan Rod and Gun holds USPSA outdoor matches about the same yearly schedule as Sharps, 3rd Saturday, this winter they've been holding steel matches.  They also have 3-gun during the warmer months, depending on volunteer participation.

Lewiston Pistol Club which is about 2 hours south of Spokane hold 3 matches a month, 1st Sunday USPSA, 2nd Saturday Wildcat, and 4th Sunday steel.  We shoot year round.

EWPSA in Benton City does a USPSA on the 3rd Sunday of the month year round also.

Big Sky in Missoula I think does USPSA on the 2nd Sunday.  They may shut down for the winter, not sure, i have yet to make it there.

For larger localish 3-gun we usually travel to Parma a few times a year.  About 5-6 hours south of Spokane.

Gen