Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brass Monkey Bullets, anyone?

chgofirefighter

What's the verdict on the above?  They offer a lot of options to play with especially for 9mm, 115gr, 125, 135, 137, 147 and 150gr...  Interesting! I've been wanting to explore a  heavier grain than the 125gr that I normally use, most likely dabble into the 135, 137gr to test and see..  I'm not a huge fan of the 147/150gr, not a fan of how it cycles the slide...  

I personally run the 150s but got some 137s to test out. I have previously run 125 and 135 of other manufacturers and haven't really noticed enough of a difference to dislike the 150s. No problem splitting 0.11-0.12 at close targets so it's not slowing me down, its all the other things 😄.

I've used the brass monkey 127 gr tc and the 137 rn. Only used a few thousand of each but I've had zero problems. The coating seams good no lead in my glock and the shipping is fast! I'll be sticking with the brass monkeys for the foreseeable future.

YES. Do it. 

Ive been shooting their 115RN in the PCC and the 127 conical in my Glock, PDP and Czechmate. 

Work great… and most importantly.. COOL looking. 

Code “JClarkShooting” will save you 5% if you wanna take them for a whirl. 

8389BE59-15C5-4D93-96EC-C95D19233970.jpeg

Edited by Dirty_J

• 1 month later...

The 500 pack I picked up looks good so far. Haven't loaded and shot them yet but coating looks good and weight is pretty spot on. I did 2 10rnd tests and average of both was 135. A couple just under and some just over. A lot better then some other bullets I've used. 

A bit disappointed with them now. They had a 135gn and 137gn option when I made my 500rnd test order. Went back to order more and they no longer have the 135gn. This was about a month apart for orders. No notice on FB or the website saying they were going to drop the standard 135gn. Had I known I would most likely have just passed up the initial order. In the end I ordered a second test pack for the 137gn bullets. I really don't like when a company decides to just drop a product like that. Especially if they are trying to gain a customer base. Is 2gn difference a big deal as far as PF? No but now I have to reset the seating die and rechrono the loads. Basicly wasted 500 primers and powder.