Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou 160gr RN (anybody else make them?)

ysrracer

I've been waiting for five months on Bayou to deliver my 160gr RN bullets.

Is there anybody else that makes the same bullet? That might be able to deliver them before next year's IRC in Florida in November of 2022?

I get Bayou is busy, I just need some bullets.

1 hour ago, ysrracer said:

Sorry, I should have mentioned I need .358 bullets for my 627, not 9mm bullets.

Call SNS. Have gotten .358 from them before.  The 160 is a 38 supper bullet . It comes out of the mold  enough to size correctly.

AHI - Dumb question on my part but when these questions pop up in my head I figure I will ask the forum trust for help answering….Now I have on need to or intent of doing this but I read here on the forum where members can and do resize specific lead bullets down to a slightly smaller size, usually .001” to .002”…

Question 1 - Can a person with a simple Lee (or other off the shelf brand) resizing push thru die resize coated bullets and not mess up the coating?

Question 2 - Using the same basic equipmentmentioned in my first question - Can one resize jacketed or plated bullets - like a standard .356 FMJ/JHP or a plated FMJ bullet (like Xtreme sells) down to a .355?

Again I have no specific need or plan to do this - this was just one of those learning opportunities for me….Thanks Mark

3 hours ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

AHI - Dumb question on my part but when these questions pop up in my head I figure I will ask the forum trust for help answering….Now I have on need to or intent of doing this but I read here on the forum where members can and do resize specific lead bullets down to a slightly smaller size, usually .001” to .002”…

Question 1 - Can a person with a simple Lee (or other off the shelf brand) resizing push thru die resize coated bullets and not mess up the coating?

Question 2 - Using the same basic equipmentmentioned in my first question - Can one resize jacketed or plated bullets - like a standard .356 FMJ/JHP or a plated FMJ bullet (like Xtreme sells) down to a .355?

Again I have no specific need or plan to do this - this was just one of those learning opportunities for me….Thanks Mark

Q1   yes you can size .001 to .002 .but no more than that at one time .IE if you (for example) need to size .004 or smaller you would do it insteps.

I currently make and coat my own bullets. The sizer that i use(star) is apush through that i have adjusted to not lube. A simple Lee sizer will

work quite well. fyi most "9mm" bullets come out of the mold at .360 =/- .001 . then coated. then sized to what ever diameter that is needed

within reason (.358/.357/.356/.355)

Q2   NO

Believe it or not coated bullets are tuffer than plated when it comes to sizing.(in a way) The coated bullet will .For lack of a better word flex. Plated on the other hand.

The plating is brittle and actually easer to damage. When it comes to sizing.

Edited by AHI

I ordered 150 grain bullets the first weekend in May. they were saying 8-12 weeks then. I've yet to see them and they won't answer a phone or reply to an email. At this point I'm operating under the belief that they simply "STOLE" my money and have no intention of ever delivering a product.