Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AA7 9 Major Load Data for BUL SAS2 UR

d3ydx3

• 5 months later...

Aa7 and SWMP are the same recipe but SW is produced over seas (probably why you can’t find it now) and AA7 is produced stateside. Everything I have heard is that they are within a tenth or two of each other for the most part. SW is known to have more variance between batches though from what I have seen. Aa7 has been consistent for me so far though over 2 different batches

To add on to this, I have SWMP in batches 514 and 115. With a 115gr Berry's HBRN I use 10.3g of batch 514 and 10.8gr of batch 115 for 171pf out of a Bul SAS URF-R. Probably will use the rest of the batch 115 with 124s so the case isn't so full.

Thanks for the info guys. Got to say, that variability batch to batch sounds really annoying.

Dumb question, are you checking chrono every time you move from one jug to the next? 

Can you tell I am new to open? haha

If so, would I have to do that with AA7?

I think Hodgdon has better quality control in regards to consistency but you pay for it(small price in the scheme of things). I am new to open so I just started my load development and when I made my first ladder I only got up to 160. I then starting researching and found out here about the issues some people had. My gun came with 5, 1lb of the 115 and I got an 8lb jug of 514 from a friend who went to WAC. I previously had never chrono'd different batches but am more aware now.