Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon SRO availability

Overscore

I just went to go order myself another Trijicon SRO, and I'm finding that they just don't exist anywhere.  Some places say, "Oh, we might have one we can ship in a few months" and what not.  Is there an SRO shortage in the world too?  Perhaps I should find a new hobby and get into things of which there is no shortage, such as fear.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered one 8/20, it's supposed to be delivered 9/18.  I found a couple other stores that had one for immediate shipping but I'm not willing to pay the premium they're asking.  On a side note, I made a few orders at the same time and what normally takes 3 or 4 days to deliver, these took between 10 and 30 days.  Didn't matter if it was USPS, UPS or FedEx.

I had good luck going to each of the preferred online dealers listed on the Trijicon website and requesting a notification when the item was back in stock. In two cases it took less than a week for one of them to email me. Actually, there was a third too, but by the time I saw the email they were gone. If you do this, you should also create an account on each of those sites to speed up checkout when you get notified. It’s more than likely they will get a dozen or so in, and send out 100 email notices so you have to act fast. Mine were both the 5MOA dot size. 

On 9/16/2021 at 3:15 AM, Overscore said:

I just went to go order myself another Trijicon SRO, and I'm finding that they just don't exist anywhere.  Some places say, "Oh, we might have one we can ship in a few months" and what not.  Is there an SRO shortage in the world too?  Perhaps I should find a new hobby and get into things of which there is no shortage, such as fear.

Check Kenzie’s Optics, I received an email they are in stock.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had to wait more than 2 weeks by simply going to all 6 or so retailers listed on the Trijicon website and signing up to be notified when the one you want is back in stock?  I will admit you have to act fast when notified, but they do appear to be getting small batches on a regular basis. 

2 hours ago, Cuz said:

Has anyone had to wait more than 2 weeks by simply going to all 6 or so retailers listed on the Trijicon website and signing up to be notified when the one you want is back in stock?  I will admit you have to act fast when notified, but they do appear to be getting small batches on a regular basis. 

i'm only seeing five, but it has been some 2 weeks now without a notice.  and i'm checking benstoeger etc that don't appear to have waitlist options every day or so.

of course, the springer plates for x5 legions are also sold out...  i have a new x5 legion that does seem to have the holes for the SRO, but advice seems to be to still use a plate to get the optic back from the ejection port, at the expense of having it sit a little higher so a little harder (at least for me) to pick up quickly.

3 hours ago, davsco said:

i'm only seeing five, but it has been some 2 weeks now without a notice.  and i'm checking benstoeger etc that don't appear to have waitlist options every day or so.

of course, the springer plates for x5 legions are also sold out...  i have a new x5 legion that does seem to have the holes for the SRO, but advice seems to be to still use a plate to get the optic back from the ejection port, at the expense of having it sit a little higher so a little harder (at least for me) to pick up quickly.

Get the CH Precision plate. 

47 minutes ago, davsco said:

pro's and con's vs springer plate?  thanks!

I’m not a fan of the C&H plate, the screws are too thin and weak. I’ve never heard of the springer, but I just checked it out, and it’s an RMR plate that won’t work with Holosun optics?? I would wonder what else it won’t work with. I’m a Glock guy, and I have 2 with the Glock MOS plates, and 2 with C&H plates. I prefer the stock Glock MOS plate. But, I also have a Brownells slide that was milled specifically for RMR and that’s the best of them all. The multi-optic plate system is good marketing for the gun Mfg but it’s no where near as good as having a slide milled for the optic you want. I doubt I’ll ever buy another plate system again. From now one I’ll buy the non mos version and get the slide milled. 

15 hours ago, davsco said:

pro's and con's vs springer plate?  thanks!

14 hours ago, Cuz said:

I’m not a fan of the C&H plate, the screws are too thin and weak. I’ve never heard of the springer, but I just checked it out, and it’s an RMR plate that won’t work with Holosun optics?? I would wonder what else it won’t work with. I’m a Glock guy, and I have 2 with the Glock MOS plates, and 2 with C&H plates. I prefer the stock Glock MOS plate. But, I also have a Brownells slide that was milled specifically for RMR and that’s the best of them all. The multi-optic plate system is good marketing for the gun Mfg but it’s no where near as good as having a slide milled for the optic you want. I doubt I’ll ever buy another plate system again. From now one I’ll buy the non mos version and get the slide milled. 

I’ve got the CH plate on my Gen 5 G19 and had one on my Legion. The plate itself is steel, and half the thickness of the aluminum plates, so the dot sits lower in the slide cut. It uses T nuts that has more threads than threading into the plate alone. And if a T nut strips, it’s easily replaced rather than having to replace the whole plate. 

6 hours ago, OPENB said:

I’ve got the CH plate on my Gen 5 G19 and had one on my Legion. The plate itself is steel, and half the thickness of the aluminum plates, so the dot sits lower in the slide cut. It uses T nuts that has more threads than threading into the plate alone. And if a T nut strips, it’s easily replaced rather than having to replace the whole plate. 

The screws to hold the optic strip way too easily on the CH plates.