Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lyman Pro micro seating die

Bakerjd

I'm using the Lyman Pro micrometer adjustable die set for 9mm and am having a very hard time dialing the seating die it to where its consistent. My OAL is 1.128", or well that's what I'm trying to get. When I check OAL I have anywhere from 1.126-1.130. Am I over analyzing it or should I be able to get better results? I've read a few threads about the Redding Micrometer adjustable seating die and people have said to remove the spring inside the die. I havent ever seen the Redding one in person to know how similar they are but the Lyman has a "floating" seating stem with a spring and I'm wondering if my results would improve if I remove the spring. 

4 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Am I over analyzing it...

Yes but someone will come along and convince you that another die is required and you'll believe them because buying more useless $hit is mysteriously gratifiying, lol.

Edited by 4n2t0

4 hours ago, 4n2t0 said:

Yes but someone will come along and convince you that another die is required and you'll believe them because buying more useless $hit is mysteriously gratifiying, lol.

🤣🤣🤣 so true.... so true. 

Thanks guys. I'll keep loading and shooting. 

5 hours ago, 4n2t0 said:

3X 😄

Whenever you’re concerned about .004, or any amount, just take your caliper, set it at that amount and then peer through the jaws to see how small it really is. This helps me make many decisions! 😁😁

Edited by Farmer
Sp

13 minutes ago, Farmer said:

3X 😄

Whenever you’re concerned about .004, or any amount, just take your caliper, set it at that amount and then peer through the jaws to see how small it really is. This helps me make many decisions! 😁😁

Just did, and it is really, really small...I would not worry at all about such minute deviations....😃. The thickness of a post-it note....

Edited by RudyVey