Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RUGER PC CARBINE ---- ultimate trigger????

I was on a quest to find THE best trigger for the Ruger 10/22 for Steel Challenge......tried many, and many fell short. Yes, even the Volquartsen was a turd, way too slow. I ended with the Kidd Drop in trigger for like $230 or so......and talk about a crisp sub 2# trigger with minimal take up and fast/short reset!! I knew I had a winner. SOOOOOOOO......what does this have to do with the PC Carbine? I think a lot. As Kidd does sell a kit that you can install in the factory 10/22 module. People that know me, know that I've been saying that the Volquartsen 10/22 trigger pack with fit the PC Carbine trigger module.....and it does, and it is a good upgrade.....I also mentioned that you'd be better off keeping the factory springs in the set up.

WELL......it just hit me that Kidd's 'kit' should fit in the PC Carbine with ZERO issue as well........and if it mimics their 10/22 module trigger set up......then Kidd will have the ULITIMATE trigger for the PC Carbine.........from what I understand......no one has tried this, so I will. I'll have an update in a week or so.

Picture for attention and reference.

kidd.png.20de4fe2e7a3f92df5c29f32af1a0d99.png

Anxiously waiting for your review…

My PCC has about 6,000 rounds through it since it’s last cleaning  and is absolutely filthy. Having a new trigger to install might be just the motivation I need to clean it before it hits 10,000. But, I will say it is still running flawlessly. 

Edited by Cuz

biggest thing about reliability on the PC carbine is making sure that the the screws that attach the stock to the receiver are tight. Especially the front screw.....if that is loose, the ejector drops down (it's in the stock, not the receiver), cause all sorts of stove pipes.

2 hours ago, TRUBL said:

It fits and dry function cycles well!! Next step....to the range.

Trigger breaks at 1 pound 10 ounces......very crisp, and fast reset!!!

242173453_4574651852581605_5307287062134980431_n.thumb.jpg.f438c1b3f08ed5c84386956c29f45181.jpg

I look forward to an update after you put a few hundred rounds through it.

Thanks.

Unfortunately........the Kidd LOVES to make the PC Carbine go FULL AUTO!!......as in pull the trigger and it will empty the magazine!! I tried to adjust the sear, but to no avail.

And just an FYI.......in function testing, I tried one round in the mag, then 2 rounds in the mag, then 3 rounds in the mag......on the mags with more than one round, it cleared the mag. Just for S&G's and knowing what it might do.....I tried 5 rounds in the mag.....did  quick tap.....all rounds expended.

I took it home.....removed the trigger, put the volquartsen back in. AND......I put the Kidd trigger in my 10/22 and I am happy to say that it goes ONE bang with ONE pull of the trigger.

So.....now we know!!

THE KIDD TRIGGER IS A NO GO IN THE RUGER PC CARBINE!!

Another piece of data:

I run the VQ drop in TG9 trigger;  Recently I had my ruger PCC go full auto with a super super light load ( 75pf )  I was testing.   With 900+ power factor I have no problems.   I have several thousand rounds through this combo.  

I'm not a trigger geek.   There is some relationship where the bolt does not come all the way back and reset the trigger.   The trigger then follows the bolt forward and bang.  Originally the TK / Mcarbo enhanced buffer pad I thought was the culprit and it was for the loads I shoot, but even with the stock black pad, it went full auto w/the 1.8gr n310 95gr round testing 🙂  

My VQ took alot of tweaking by VQ to achieve their stated 2lb pull weight.   It is sensitive to burst fire.

On 9/23/2021 at 6:55 PM, practical_man said:

TRUBL

I have a ruger PC with some of your upgrades.  The trigger is awful, as notes by others. 

Do you think the heavy bolt in the PC is causing the KIDD to malfunction?

I’d like to improve the trigger without just throwing parts at it. What’s the easy button to fix this?

I think the sear is too hairy........really set light. Now, what I did not try is the factory hammer with the Kidd trigger/sear set up........that may work, but I needed a trigger in my 10/22 asap and it needed to come out of the pc carbine.

On 9/15/2021 at 8:30 AM, TRUBL said:

biggest thing about reliability on the PC carbine is making sure that the the screws that attach the stock to the receiver are tight. Especially the front screw.....if that is loose, the ejector drops down (it's in the stock, not the receiver), cause all sorts of stove pipes.

Absolutely true.  I've had the front screw loosen and this is exactly what happens.

• 1 month later...