Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High end 2011 builds in .40

I am getting a new limited gun built. I still think that limited is the most challenging and interesting division. Recoil control is the thing. If you get it mastered and understood,  it helps to be better in  anything else... Well except PCC:)

3 hours ago, cheby said:

I still think that limited is the most challenging and interesting division.

I agree.  But seems like most of the newbies and some of the older Limited shooters are drifting to Carry Optics.  A lot of the local matches CO is the biggest division by number of shooters.  Below is the breakdown for our September match.  As for custom Limited guns, I have three in the works right now.  All in .40 SW.  One is a SV 5.4", the other two are a 5" on a Cheely XWF frame with Warwick slide and SV barrel, and a 6" on a PT frame with Caspian slide and Bar-Sto barrel.

Division
Limited 18
Limited 10 0
Open 3
Production 11
Revolver 0
Single Stack 3
PCC 3
Carry Optics 23

@ltdmstr you sound like me. Always having new guns in the works. Lol. 

As for by division, CO is leaps and bounds above everything else here in MI. 

For me personally I just had a gun build with a limited and open upper. And am sending D2 Customs my limited gun to add a racker and thumb rest and a complete open upper. This way I have a solid back up for either setup. Ohh and a 40 cal SS build with Venom. 

I think some of the CO growth is because it is something new.  After a couple decades of competing with pistols almost exclusively, I was pretty burnt out and started shooting 3 Gun, then started shooting PCC.  Now I'm starting to miss shooting pistol matches and may try CO, but I may just go shoot my Open and Limited guns again, if I can remember where my old belt and other gear is.

Nolan

• 3 weeks later...

CO has definitely made its mark for where I am, however in there is still a prominent spread for limited. Lots more people either coming into the sport with magwell 9mm plastic guns or .40 tanfos and CZs. Lately, at least for infinity, I've seen an equal amount of limited guns to open guns being made on their social media platform. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 2:30 PM, cheby said:

I am getting a new limited gun built. I still think that limited is the most challenging and interesting division. Recoil control is the thing. If you get it mastered and understood,  it helps to be better in  anything else... Well except PCC:)

Really looking forward into getting into limited

• 2 months later...