Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G21c Question

jm951

Ok, I've used the Search function, but I can't find any data on velocity loss using the stock ported barrel on the 21C. Reason I'm asking, is I'm going to the Ft. Benning match and don't want any ugly surprises on a chrono. In the interest of simplicity and time, I'll be using Wolf or WWB for this match instead of reloads. Any ideas on the "delta V" of the ported v regular barrel. I have both, just want to know how much I give up with the ports.

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question. I do have one comment. If the "Fort Benning" match is a USPSA match by using the ported barrel you will be shooting in open class with the rest of the ported barrel guns. If it is an IDPA match no ported barrels are allowed in any class.

Rick

Here's what's known-

The rules will be based on USPSA, power factor will be what ever your pistol crono's, unless you shoot a pistol caliber rifle, taht will be minor. All center-fire rifle caliber rifles and shotguns will be scored minor or major based ONLY on your pistol PF.

Note that it says "based on" I guess I need to get that detail determined. I would like to use the ported barrel if it doesn't put me way out into another class, but hey, I'm goofy enough to be using 45ACP and 308, why not go all out?

Go have fun at the match, but you will probably do better shooting in a division that is more appropriate. Limited 10 would probably be your most appropriate division. Here is a link to check out the rules. Make sure you look at the USPSA Rules and not the IPSC rules. The USPSA rules are the ones used in the US. http://www.uspsa.org/ Have a grand time,

Rick