Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

That new TS2

midatlantic

Just saw a tricked out Ts2 at cz custom with its stock iron sights. Given where the sport is going, for good or bad, what would one use it for in competition? A 9mm limited gun? Not CO, not open, not production...steel challenge? What am I missing? I regret that so much of USPSA is going to optics or PCC...someone tell me the market for a 9mm Ts2. (Other than having a very nice gun of course.) Ditto with the vapor-ware DWX.

Edited by midatlantic

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small USPSA 3-gun market,  probably larger in the non-USPSA 3-gun world.  It fits the bill for Limited/Standard minor.  With an optic Open, but why shoot open minor when you can shoot Carry Optics cheaper.

PCC and CO are hurting competition in Open and Production in my section -- my opinion.  Revolver and L10 have a very small number of competitors, and are the least shot divisions by far.

Heres are the 2019 totals (the last normal year recently):

image.png.340c3671a372a28d1ac5dff31b56edf2.png

• 2 weeks later...

I am all for ditching major minor scoring. I think this new TS would be sweet for limited minor and a 3 gun combo or the dwx. Limited is shrinking fast 40 is literally dead in every fashion except for USPSA limited class which is tiny in the grand scheme of things. I don’t think open guys will care they will keep making major to work there comps or will come up with a load that’s is hot enough to do what it needs to. 

In that argument I should be able to shoot 9major out of a a TS2. 
If major went away it would be gone in every division. 
I agree .40 is in trouble and I would except the head of uspsa would be planning a path for the future , but to through out major makes no sense. 
if a monster part of the sport. 
it’s as big as the different hit zones on the targets. 

On 9/24/2021 at 10:45 AM, Shooter212 said:

I don’t think open guys will care they will keep making major to work there comps or will come up with a load that’s is hot enough to do what it needs to

First off they will care.  Secondly, it is child's play to tune your Open gun for a minor load.  I do it for steel challenge.  It shoots just as soft and flat as my major Open guns.

The future isn't .40 outside the sport, so I'm going out on a limb and say that the future isn't .40 inside the sport. Sure, the veterens/whales of the sport have their money in .40s, but they will retire from matches or slow down someday, their guns will get old, and the prevailing market for handguns (9mm) will win over. Why? Because the new shooters have 9mms, and when the USPSA guys are not shooting major scoring, they too are shooting 9mms most of the time. 

Carry optics is popular because it's the only division where 9mm get to play with high round counts (unless you count open... and we know why that's prohibitive).

The fact that this topic keeps popping up just shows how much the tide is changing. 

I think the sport will only get hamstringed by resisting the market forces at play. 9's outsell all else. 

Edited by Foxtrotx1

9 hours ago, SuperKing said:

Is the TS2 in .40 something known to be in the works or are people just assuming it will/may be released?

In their new catalog he appears only  in 9 mm. But the new catalog still has the old TSO model  in .40 and 9.

My fingers are not like those of the Czechs. They  do not fit  for TS2 slide  .😉

11 hours ago, VigilAndy said:

Wouldn’t another alternative be to let SAO into production? Then I could do something with my 9mm TSO. 

They would also have o do away with the magwell restriction and fitting in the box.  I think that unlikely.  You can do something with your 9mm TSO.  Shoot Limited minor.  You've read above that 40 is dead, so it is unlikely you will have any major scoring competitors (tic).

On 9/13/2021 at 9:46 AM, midatlantic said:

What am I missing?

Might be that most guns are not sold to people who want them for the shooting sports, so a bad fit for competition does not necessarily translate into bad sales numbers?

Guessing. 

13 hours ago, zzt said:

They would also have o do away with the magwell restriction and fitting in the box.  I think that unlikely.  You can do something with your 9mm TSO.  Shoot Limited minor.  You've read above that 40 is dead, so it is unlikely you will have any major scoring competitors (tic).

Everything Ive read around here got me thinking I’d have my *ss handed to me trying to shoot limited minor. But yeah, Im going to give it a try. And I’m going to get a .40 despite it’s looming death.