Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rl1100 case into shellplate feed issue

6 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

Who’s thicker guide is that?  Did you switch them out on all of your tool heads?

lol, we are worse than a bunch of chicks hanging out at the mall. “Oooh, did you see that purse?  Where did she get it?  I have to have one!”

I can’t friggin believe how many “necessities” I’ve bought in the last couple of weeks just from these 3 threads we’ve all been hangin out in. 

Now that Johnny has shared that pic of his “purse”, I absolutely have to have one for each of my toolheads. Where did he say we could get them???

25 minutes ago, Cuz said:

“were sold”???

Damn, now your teasing us with something we can’t get.  When will it ever end???

LVL 10 innovations sells one. I'm sure there are others also. I'm on the hunt for one also to replace the outdated guide on my S1050. Dillon made a rolling change to the guide a while back. Mine is the old style with 2 distinct angles instead of a singular sweeping curve. 

That ammobot one looks nice. Wish they still sold them. 

12 hours ago, Johnnymazz said:

When the stock spring starts to go bad you will notice erratic shell loading. Using a heavier spring like the 1911 will only wear out parts faster.  Your  putting ,more stress on the case feed plunger.  Theres no need for this unless you are running automated at full speed, like 2000 CPH. 

How many casefeed plungers and shoulder bolts/bushings have you worn out so far? Are spare plungers a thing to keep on hand?? Are you running an ammobot? I may be bugging you via PM if thats ok.

Also good time to note that Ace Hardware carries the shoulder bolts found on dillon machines. So does Mcmaster Carr but its nice to be able and see them in person. Just thought I'd share for everyone.

12 hours ago, Johnnymazz said:

This is what he is referring to, I use the same method. It just speeds up the install process after a good cleaning . 

241736075_901631030787526_6403021549985520350_n.jpg

Ah that makes a lot more sense. For some reason I was thinking he used a scribe on the shellplate itself??haha. 

Thanks for the pic. I think I'll borrow this tip!

9 hours ago, ezra650 said:

How many casefeed plungers and shoulder bolts/bushings have you worn out so far? Are spare plungers a thing to keep on hand?? Are you running an ammobot? I may be bugging you via PM if thats ok.

Also good time to note that Ace Hardware carries the shoulder bolts found on dillon machines. So does Mcmaster Carr but its nice to be able and see them in person. Just thought I'd share for everyone.

No set time on the springs, just keep the machine clean and serviced every 10,000 rounds. Yes I have both my RL1100 and my CP2000 Ammobot driven.

3 hours ago, AHI said:

In my decades of loading ammo/operating equipment. I have found that most upgrades.  Really are solutions looking for a problem.

They cause more issues than they fix.

So true. The stock Dillon parts are fine. The only thing I have added to my Ammobot  press is the brass guide bushing, it helps keep the toolhead straight when your tightening the  nut. Ive been reloading since 1989, LOL.

Edited by Johnnymazz

3 hours ago, AHI said:

In my decades of loading ammo/operating equipment. I have found that most upgrades.  Really are solutions looking for a problem.

They cause more issues than they fix.

Yup, and every single one of us has a box of parts in our loading room to prove it. 

Johnny - Not even sure what an Ammo-Bot case extractor is but thought I would share this info with you as the seller says this is a hard to find part??????  No affiliation with the seller - just saw Ammo-Bot and thought about you having two units…Mark

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/910987748

Edited by Sigarmsp226

18 hours ago, Johnnymazz said:

So true. The stock Dillon parts are fine. The only thing I have added to my Ammobot  press is the brass guide bushing, it helps keep the toolhead straight when your tightening the  nut. Ive been reloading since 1989, LOL.

I was thinking about trying the aftermarket shellplates. Do you run dillon ones on your ammobot? 

Other than spring adjustments and shell stabilizers I'd tend to agree with you in regard to the 550 and 1050s. 650/750 has some helpful odds and ends that making reloading on them hassle free.