Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IRC Stages, see them here

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, AzShooter said:

O.K. So who won?  

Looks like Rich Wolfe in Open, James McGinty in Limited, David Olhasso in Limited 6 and Jerry in Classic (shot a snubby I heard).  Big shout out to my bud Joe Sutton for taking B Class, and 4th, in Limited 6. 

Heard the Shoot Off today was good too, nice to see the format back.

Yes. I saw the results and Classic (six shot) requires speedloaders, no moonclips. They do have 

Limited 6 that allows moonclips. The bigger divisions Open (optic) and Limited are 8 shot with moonclips. And he was shooting a snub nose revolver.

1 hour ago, Bosshoss said:

Jerry was shooting a S&W 65 snub revolver. That gun is a fixed sight gun with the groove in the top strap for a rear sight. 

He used HKS speed loaders with the twist knob to release. 

And he is a Super Senior, 67+

On 9/10/2021 at 8:12 PM, AzShooter said:

People may think the stages are not challenging enough 

If a stage is "simple" then its a shooting test, and the match itself is a shooting test.   Challenging is shooting a simple target/array whatever as fast as possible with no penalties right? And that is the point mostly, for all the disciplines the point is shooting faster and better than everyone else, but i get the criticism of box to box array shooting.   This match in particular was 6 friendly, which meant the 8's maybe could be pushing harder.   I watched the probably best revolver shooter in the world on any given sunday take make up shots because it was hammer down.   I never asked him but theorized because he was going to be dropping moons with 2 in them all over the place anyways and he was pushing harder than he might otherwise.   I do think also though part of the simplicity was having a light crew possibly.

I get a lack of options criticism, I think in this match on a broader scale, there were only 2 stages that presented different options, the big stage with the 2 activators which I saw shot at least 5 different ways, and the course with the beam where an 8 shooter would either do 5/8 or 7/6.  Otherwise, options were really about foot positioning more than anything.

This was my 10th irc, I don't put a lot of judgement into what happens on the ground, the early years(for me) in morro bay were really great even as things got simpler near the end, i think one there maybe even had no movers?  fallon and mesquite put on great matches, the two IRC's in frostproof were easily the most "ipsc" style IRC's I shot, and this is unsuprising when the MD is shannon and he has the USPSA nationals or IPSC world shoot stages already nailed to the ground.  I very much suspect more like that in 2022 with gorka(and manny presumably) being the MD's, expect something like ipsc/uspsa with D1's, activator sequences, etc etc...

On 9/12/2021 at 8:36 PM, pskys2 said:

Looks like Rich Wolfe in Open, James McGinty in Limited, David Olhasso in Limited 6 and Jerry in Classic (shot a snubby I heard).  Big shout out to my bud Joe Sutton for taking B Class, and 4th, in Limited 6. 

Heard the Shoot Off today was good too, nice to see the format back.

I can't seem to find any videos of the IRC.  Got any links?