Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IRC Stages, see them here

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After 40 years of Action Pistol Courses, everything tends to either look the same or be full of carnival tricks.  

It all comes down to shooting ones own game with no mistakes, oh I wish I could do that!, regardless of the course lay out.

It still looks more fun than mowing the yard, mending fence or working!

For myself I tend to make my own fun from a COF, or drag myself down with one.  Though I don't blame the COF"s anymore if I'm not having fun, or if I'm falling apart.  It all rests on me.

Good luck to all shooting the IRC!  

Edited by pskys2

On 9/9/2021 at 11:24 AM, MikeyScuba said:

Kinda have to say I'm not heartbroken about not attending.  Not exactly the most imaginative stages especially given it's the 30th?

My feelings as well. I wanted to go this year but I decided against it when the stage diagrams were released

I’m not denying it’s fun, but the 2018 and 2019 had a lot more interesting  stages.  We are shooting the CDN postal match next week.  $40 and 90 min drive.

Saw a fb post of Jerry shooting 6 targets lined up next to a plate rack and he wasn’t exactly hitting it out of the park.  Does even he care?  121 shooters. We had 110 and 115 last Oct in the AZ matches but there sure wasn’t much  whoop on the ICORE fb page.

Good point ysrracer.  I wish I could go to the IRC.  There is more than just the match design, there is friendship. 

People may think the stages are not challenging enough but unless you are shooting them in real time, you don't know.  And Jerry is shooting.  Who would want to miss seeing the greatest revolver shooter of all times?  

2 hours ago, ysrracer said:

Let me rephrase that, I'm here now, and having fun, while you're reading about it on the interwebs :)

So cruel....the wife says my trigger finger is running all night, while I dream of Alpha's!

4 minutes ago, AzShooter said:

Remember, there is always tomorrow.  Enjoy.  At least you weren't sitting on your couch.

Tomorrow? Tomorrow? That's like a proctologist telling you, come back tomorrow and we'll do this again :)

Not to harangue a point but I saw a fb clip of Jerry shooting a stage.  It’s not the Jerry of old to put it nicely.

yes getting together with old friends is fun, that was part of the reason we did so many regionals back in 2019.  Well we made a lot of new friends, saw new places and shot guns.  Still quite upset that the IRC was cancelled last year, USPSA didn’t cancel Nats.  That would have been easy for us to attend.  Things are getting harder regulation wise and I don’t us being able to visit the USA until maybe a new administration?  If at all if I’m brutally honest.

What I’m conveying is it looks like we missed the golden years of the IRC’s in Moro bay with the skid of gun prizes and more.  The attendance records prove my point and for all the hype of this IRC the lack of creativity isn’t something to gloss over.  I’m just the only one willing to point it out.

20 hours ago, ysrracer said:

I shot like a blind man today. A blind stupid developmentally challenged man today.

It was embarrassing.

Stage 7 was ok, but 1 thru 6 were painful for me.

(From a previous thread)  On 8/15/2021 at 11:08 AM, alecmc said:

Have you ever setup a steel challenge stage to practice ? I have.

Have you ever setup a difficult classifier to practice? I have.

Have you ever looked through a match book to find some difficult scenarios you might find difficult and practice? I Have

(weak hand, low ports , balance beams, etc ) 

Have you ever setup Far and Near before the old IRCs to practice before hand? I have.

No, no, no, and no. In that order.

Maybe because of an aversion to practice?

Could that be it?

Please excuse the curiosity.

No disrespect intended.

On 9/10/2021 at 5:08 PM, MikeyScuba said:

I’m not denying it’s fun, but the 2018 and 2019 had a lot more interesting  stages.  

2018 was my first big match of any sort. I thought it was a lot of fun, and looking back, there was a good assortment of stage types. That color-coded freestyle/SHO/WHO steel stage was a hoot.

I think we met there for the first time, actually. 

I'm tentatively planning for 2022 (the kids can get a Disney trip out of it) but I really hope the stage design improves.

31 minutes ago, revoman said:

Here is an idea 💡 volunteer to help. 

He does volunteer. He was rangemaster at the Colorado ICORE regional. He runs 2 matches each month, one IDPA and one USPSA. When I was short volunteers at my USPSA match last month, Mattie drove an hour and 20 minutes each way to put a stage on the ground for me.

3 hours ago, Dr. Phil said:

Maybe because of an aversion to practice?

Could that be it?

Please excuse the curiosity.

No disrespect intended.

My best stage was 14. I came in 27th out of 120 overall, or 8th out of 46 in limited.

How'd you do?

Edited by ysrracer

10 hours ago, PatJones said:

He does volunteer. He was rangemaster at the Colorado ICORE regional. He runs 2 matches each month, one IDPA and one USPSA. When I was short volunteers at my USPSA match last month, Mattie drove an hour and 20 minutes each way to put a stage on the ground for me.

My apologies to Mattie for an assumption I made. I just see and hear more people bitch an complain than I see help. Again my apologies to Mattie. 

Dean

3 hours ago, revoman said:

My apologies to Mattie for an assumption I made. I just see and hear more people bitch an complain than I see help. Again my apologies to Mattie. 

Dean

No offense taken! As someone who MD's/RM's... there are DEFINITELY more people who complain than help out, lol.