Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mounting Holosun 510c on Smith 629

Geov

Ha, I was just coming here tonight to find out which mount I needed to put a Holosun HS507C on my S&W 625 Revo.  It seems like Allchin and EGW seem to make a mount that will work as long as your revolver is already drilled and tapped.  I have an Allchin for a Burris FastFire that seems well made, so I'll probably get another one for the Holosun.  Not sure what footprint the 510C uses if you wanted to remove it from the rail to mount it.

The 510c is huge compared to the 507c.

It might even actually be too big and I may wrong up going with the 507c.

I just thought the large window on the 510c would be nice.

Mounting it seems to be a challenge.

After doing lots of research, I have decided not to mount the 510c on my Smith 629 Classic 44 mag revolver.

I have landed on the 507c and will report out once I get it installed and fire a few rounds through it.

The 510c is not for hand gun and would introduce lots of problems if I had decided to stay with it.

51 minutes ago, Geov said:

After doing lots of research, I have decided not to mount the 510c on my Smith 629 Classic 44 mag revolver.

I have landed on the 507c and will report out once I get it installed and fire a few rounds through it.

The 510c is not for hand gun and would introduce lots of problems if I had decided to stay with it.

Geov,

whose mount are you planning to use to attach the optic to your Revo?  That combo would make a nice bowling pin gun. 

22 hours ago, Dr. Phil said:

The Allchin is the way to go.

Sits the lowest, very sturdy. I have been changing my revos over from the old style "scope mount" rails to the Allchins.

PS

That advice was originally from a former S&W revo pro.

I agree, but have no experience with any others. Shooters Connection had one in stock so I ordered it. 

I used several conventional bases on different competition guns over the years. Used Weaver, Burris (I think) and the old B Square mounts. They all put the dot pretty high up. When I was shown the pro's gun, the Allchin sat low! He said it would actually shave time off my draw. Interesting that it really did take a tenth of a second off my draw. A bit more on stages like Roundabout and Smoke & Hope. Switched a couple other guns to the same setup right away.

His draw was still faster though LOL