Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wisconsin Sectional

ltdmstr

5 hours ago, B_RAD said:

So,....how was the match?

OP didn’t shoot it.

very international in feel, on the closer stage, a long retreat to depress the hit factor. Timing and positioning oriented. Best stages required rapid change ups in aiming schemes. A little light on movement overall, partially due to space constraints. Much more 20-25 yard shooting than a typical 10 stage match. Partialed up, but good balance of vertical and horizontal.

it was of a flavor with area 8, although more shooting challenges than positional.

were the MD to MD again, I would prioritize attendance — it may be the closest I ever get to shooting in Europe.

as an aside, lots of people going full send in a match that specifically punished that.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, llamasabound said:

OP didn’t shoot it.

very international in feel, on the closer stage, a long retreat to depress the hit factor. Timing and positioning oriented. Best stages required rapid change ups in aiming schemes. A little light on movement overall, partially due to space constraints. Much more 20-25 yard shooting than a typical 10 stage match. Partialed up, but good balance of vertical and horizontal.

it was of a flavor with area 8, although more shooting challenges than positional.

were the MD to MD again, I would prioritize attendance — it may be the closest I ever get to shooting in Europe.

as an aside, lots of people going full send in a match that specifically punished that.

Thanks for your take!  

I'm disappointed I didn't go.

3 hours ago, llamasabound said:

OP didn’t shoot it.

Good synopsis. Thanks. 

I like the sound of some of the longer and partial target presentations you described. I still might screw something up, but I'm not intimidated by them. Even if I'm not ready for a particular challenge I still welcome it. Bigger matches should be fun, but they should also be harder.