Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got Tired of Waiting

robertg5322

Got tired of waiting on Hogue, Beretta, or LOK to come out with a G10 conversion grip for the 92X Performance and finally just made one myself.

Took a Hogue M9A3 conversion grip, a Dremel, and a file and made the grip fit the 92X Performance.

Came out nice, there's a little gap on the backstrap, but it bothers me less than the "el cheapo" flimsy, plastic wraparound conversion grip that came with the gun. Despite the gap, the grip has a solid feel to it not. Major improvement over the garbage Beretta supplies with the $1,200.00 gun.

Now I know that once I put the time in for this, LOK, Hogue, or Beretta will come out with a grip tomorrow, but I got tired of waiting.

92XP BACK.jpg

92XP LEFT SIDE.jpg

92XP RIGHT SIDE.jpg

Edited by robertg5322

1 hour ago, Sniperboy said:

Too much time on your hands my friend... and that is a good thing! : )

Would have been much easier if I was still working and had access to a mill, but made due with a coarse file, dremel, and some sandpaper.

Hope you're not working too hard Paul...

1 hour ago, Stony Lane said:

I sent the link to this post to Hogue, Lok and VZ.  I hope your work inspires someone to take up the challenge!

Maybe they'll send me one to test...

Would probably be much easier for them to modify the specs for the grip and produce them than it was for me to modify the grip.

• 3 months later...

I did not like the grips on my X perf and I found a set of maple grips in Feebay which fit my hand and the pistol perfectly. I think if Beretta commits to continue making the performance model or at least the frame design grip makers will eventually provide some ideas.

Edited by gnappi