Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 gun and USPSA Left handed Staccato XL Holster options

Skeeter44

Hey guys, new to the forum here and new to 2011's also. I never had a problem finding good holsters when i was running a G34 but now that I am in the 2011 world I am having a hell of a time finding a LH holster that fits this handgun. I bought the Ghost Hybrid, gun doesn't fit at all.

So, I am reaching out in hopes someone can point me in the right direction. Have a match coming up on Sep 12th and would love to be able to run this gun...

I like a locking holster for three gun, the safariland GLS is a great option but you have to do a couple of mods to make it work with that gun. Juts cut about a half inch off the lever and a little trimming around the mag release. 

For USPSA any race holster fits that gun like the safariland 015

There's also a guy in the classifieds right now selling a 2011 with a regular coffin style holster that would be decent for both but like I said, you really need retention for three gun. 

16 minutes ago, louu said:

I like a locking holster for three gun, the safariland GLS is a great option but you have to do a couple of mods to make it work with that gun. Juts cut about a half inch off the lever and a little trimming around the mag release. 

For USPSA any race holster fits that gun like the safariland 015

There's also a guy in the classifieds right now selling a 2011 with a regular coffin style holster that would be decent for both but like I said, you really need retention for three gun. 

Is the DAA racer x considered a "locking" holster?? The problem with the safariland stuff is i would essentially be waiting for it until next season... which is a bummer. Im left handed so everything is more of a pain lol

Yes, Safariland has an ALS holster that fits commander length pistols with or without a light rail.  Not 100% sure it will work with the 4.4" pistol though.  It works on 4" to 4.25" for sure, single or double stack.  Just add the Nub Mod to the button and it's awesome for matches as well.

4 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Just add the Nub Mod to the button and it's awesome for matches as well.

These are a highly recommended for ALS holsters.  It makes your draws at speed way more consistent.  My draws with the ALS for the most part are the same as my no retention kydex holster.

8 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Yes, Safariland has an ALS holster that fits commander length pistols with or without a light rail.  Not 100% sure it will work with the 4.4" pistol though.  It works on 4" to 4.25" for sure, single or double stack.  Just add the Nub Mod to the button and it's awesome for matches as well.

Im shooting a Staccato XL which is the 5.4" barrel length. Is there such a thing as a holster that doesnt use the trigger guard for retention??

21 minutes ago, Skeeter44 said:

Im shooting a Staccato XL which is the 5.4" barrel length. Is there such a thing as a holster that doesnt use the trigger guard for retention??

Yeah, that 5.4" gun is going to make things a little harder for you.

19 hours ago, Skeeter44 said:

Hey guys, new to the forum here and new to 2011's also. I never had a problem finding good holsters when i was running a G34 but now that I am in the 2011 world I am having a hell of a time finding a LH holster that fits this handgun. I bought the Ghost Hybrid, gun doesn't fit at all.

So, I am reaching out in hopes someone can point me in the right direction. Have a match coming up on Sep 12th and would love to be able to run this gun...

This will work for you. If you try to draw, and it is locked, you will give yourself an atomic wedgie. Absolutely secure with the lock on.

https://gugaribas.com.br/en/produto/gr-universal-holster-for-pistol-2/

16 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

This will work for you. If you try to draw, and it is locked, you will give yourself an atomic wedgie. Absolutely secure with the lock on.

https://gugaribas.com.br/en/produto/gr-universal-holster-for-pistol-2/

Thank you so much... I actually really like their NEO holster after looking at their products. I have never heard of them before

• 3 weeks later...