Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Belt Holster Combination for Production and Limted Division

kmaultsby

Hello all, I just like some suggestions on Belt Holster combination.  I am shooting a Glock 34 in IDPA and using it in production, but also want to shoot in Limted using a Glock 35. What I want to do is use both pistols but one Belt Holster.  Any recommendations?

The BladeTech Classic holster would be my choice.

But, if you already have a holster you are using for IDPA and USPSA Production, that will also work in Limited, so you should be all set.

27 minutes ago, kmaultsby said:

How about Mag Pouches?

Why not use the same pouches you use for IDPA and USPSA Production???

I would NOT recommend BladeTech mag pouches. I recently switched to the new DAA pouches but don’t have enough experience yet to recommend them. CR Speed pouches are among the most versatile and they are affordable at about $30 each. 

Pouches would be CR speed. Hands down the smoothest ones I've used except for the new DAA Magnetic ones. 

Belt would be either the DAA one or the new one from shooters connection. 

As for holsters I tend to not like anything that's double layer kydex, IMO they never fit the gun very well. These days for single stack I've been running a custom leather holster with a boss hanger. But before that I used the Black Scorpion Pro holster. It is a fantastic setup. 

If I was setting up a new rig it would be the pro holster, shooters connection steel core belt, 2 DAA magnetic mag pouches, 2 CR Speed pouches. 

• 2 months later...

Many of the recommended choices so far will not work for IDPA. The choices being recommended so far mount to a 2 belt system with an inner and outer belt. IDPA does not allow the inner and outer belt system to be used. In IDPA you need mag pouches and holster that the single belt can feed through the belt loops, holster, and mag pouch. In USPSA it is most common to use the 2 belt inner and outer system because the holster and mag pouches are permanently mounted to the outer belt and are always in the same position. Unfortunately this is not allowed in IDPA at this time.

I use Kore belts for concealed carry purposes.  It would work fine for IDPA, and you can use it for concealed carry if that was something you do or were interested in.  It might be an option.

https://www.koreessentials.com/pages/how-it-works-gun-belts?msclkid=afa21664e646180618e477e1d681c9c6&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=**LP - Gun Belt - A&utm_term=Concealed Carry Belts&utm_content=Concealed Carry Belt

If you are going to shoot any amount of USPSA I would recommend a dedicated double belt with its own set of mag pouches and holster. None of which would be IDPA legal...The restrictions on holster position and how close the holster and pouches have to your body is not ideal for USPSA. If you mainly shoot IDPA plus a couple USPSA matches a year I guess this doesn't apply.

13 hours ago, Nightforce said:

Many of the recommended choices so far will not work for IDPA. The choices being recommended so far mount to a 2 belt system with an inner and outer belt. IDPA does not allow the inner and outer belt system to be used. In IDPA you need mag pouches and holster that the single belt can feed through the belt loops, holster, and mag pouch. In USPSA it is most common to use the 2 belt inner and outer system because the holster and mag pouches are permanently mounted to the outer belt and are always in the same position. Unfortunately this is not allowed in IDPA at this time.

This is a USPSA/IPSC thread so Im assuming the OP wants the gear for USPSA not IDPA as he already has that.

Hello,

I would suggest you look into the Black Scorpion Gear Heavy Duty belt.  Yes, it is both an inner and an outer belt system, but you can use both for USPSA type matches and just use the outer for IDPA type matches.  This belt system is awesome.  Their mag pouches and holsters are also very good.

Good Luck and Be Safe!!!

😎

The double alpha pdr pro II holster, belt and mag pouches work great.  You could even just get a few of the IDPA mag pouches Double alpha makes, along with the IDPA belt hanger and you'd be set for both sports using the same holster.  That's assuming you already have a belt for IDPA.  Their site has a rig builder section that makes ordering pretty nice.

Only a couple of people have answered correctly. You can not use the separate outer belt in IDPA. The IDPA belt has to go through the belt loops. If you have equipment mounted on the outer belt how do you propose to thread it through belt loops even if you find pants with big enough loops to accept the outer belt at all?

In short you can make yourself an IDPA belt and use it in USPSA but you won't want to do that for long because the rules are different and not ideal for USPSA use. Reading the rule books would be useful.

1 hour ago, Brooke said:

Reading the rule books would be useful.

That's why I've stopped trying to help in threads like these.  People come here asking questions without doing one second's worth of research on their own.  The IDPA subform is the absolute worst for those.

On top of that the OP never came back to engage in dialog, never clearing up if his intention was to use a the same belt system for both sports or not.

If he doesn't care that much, why should anyone else?

Edited by SGT_Schultz

4 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

That's why I've stopped trying to help in threads like these.  People come here asking questions without doing one second's worth of research on their own.  The IDPA subform is the absolute worst for those.

On top of that the OP never came back to engage in dialog, never clearing up if his intention was to use a the same belt system for both sports or not.

If he doesn't care that much, why should anyone else?

If I answer a question at BEnos and the OP isn't there to hear it, does it still make a noise?

1 hour ago, PatJones said:

If I answer a question at BEnos and the OP isn't there to hear it, does it still make a noise?

Absolutely!

I learn a lot from reading the many responses to questions other people ask. It’s the ops loss if he/she doesn’t follow up after asking a question. 

There will still be a lot of others that will learn from the answers provided. 

1 hour ago, Cuz said:

Absolutely!

I learn a lot from reading the many responses to questions other people ask. It’s the ops loss if he/she doesn’t follow up after asking a question. 

There will still be a lot of others that will learn from the answers provided. 

Same here. I believe that’s the premise of an OP asking the admins to close or delete a thread.