Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G43x and 48

Rolex

Really? it’s 130PF in the G48 and it won’t run? Or it’s 130PF in some other gun?

My wife G48 handles my PCC loads just fine. And it’s averaging like 106 PF. I was honestly shocked… just happened to throw it in the chrono because it was there that day. 

0EB83B8E-8BB9-4ECB-AF4E-62989591BCE6.png

On 8/20/2021 at 10:25 PM, Dirty_J said:

Really? it’s 130PF in the G48 and it won’t run? Or it’s 130PF in some other gun?

My wife G48 handles my PCC loads just fine. And it’s averaging like 106 PF. I was honestly shocked… just happened to throw it in the chrono because it was there that day. 

0EB83B8E-8BB9-4ECB-AF4E-62989591BCE6.png

Did not say it would not run- just looking for an option.

I tried one of the Glock Stores lower weight spring kits. Put the original back in. Recoil became sharp. It actually made the gun painful to shoot.

IMO you need the heaver spring to dampen the recoil impulse.    This was shooting  135ish PF ammo for a 34. So it should have been in the 120ish PF

in my 43X.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was hoping for a reduced power option as well.

My 48 won't run on my 125gr blues over 3.8gr TG load that runs perfect in my G43, shadow 2, and sp01. Stove pipes intermittently and always fails to lock open on empty.

I bought the "reduced" ismi 15lb rod from stoeger proshop and its way stiffer than stock. It must be a cut down flatwire as its too short to be a compact spring. I'm gonna try an 11lb and cut it the same length but I'm not super optimistic. I'll probably bail on the idea rather than shell out for the glockstore reduced tungsten rod or the dpm kit as it runs fine on factory ammo.