Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Time for a new Mac

mcflury

My 2008 Mac I'm still runs great just can't open some pages anymore on account of safari not being able to update for a while now. 

Time to get a new Mac my son's M1 Pro can't run dual monitors. So I considering waiting for the new Mac Pro anyone think that dual monitors won't be supported.

The Mac I'm using as I type this, is a 21" made in 2010.  I added some RAM several years ago.  I use Chrome and it does all the internet surfing I could ever want.  If I needed to print or use it for more than web browsing, I'd justify the expense of a new one.  Macs are very good and last a LONG time.  

57 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

Why is that?  Can you not use a dock, or configure the MAC using the two USB C ports for monitors?  Or does it not support 2 monitors period?

Basically the M1 chip can drive 2 displays - internal screen + external, or in the case of the Mac mini 2 externals. 

hold out a bit longer. The rumor mill says the new MacBook pros will have a higher end chip and I assume it’ll handle multiple monitors cleanly. 

6 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

Why is that?  Can you not use a dock, or configure the MAC using the two USB C ports for monitors?  Or does it not support 2 monitors period?

The hardware can't support you have to use a adaptor with the display link driver. This really Boggs the computer down. My son has a hardtime with the lagging even for Roblox. 

23 hours ago, Hdiamond said:

Basically the M1 chip can drive 2 displays - internal screen + external, or in the case of the Mac mini 2 externals. 

hold out a bit longer. The rumor mill says the new MacBook pros will have a higher end chip and I assume it’ll handle multiple monitors cleanly. 

Plan on waiting see what the new pro has to offer