Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon ta44 for 3 gun

Juantonton

Hello everyone. I am gearing up for my first 3 gun match with Linea de Fuego out here in SoCal/San Diego and I have a question about optics. I have a Jp-15 set up with a Vortex razor 1-6 currently but am considering switching to a Trijicon ta44 (1.5x) to save weight and get rid of batteries as this is also a double duty gun. Would the 1.5 power mag keep me in TacOps or could I move down to TacIrons? I’m just trying to figure out if the .5 of extra magnification would keep me from competing with those set up with red dots and the likes there of. I’m not particularly in love with the razor E model but also don’t have a ton of time behind it either. 

Thanks in advance ! 

John  

53 minutes ago, Juantonton said:

Hello everyone. I am gearing up for my first 3 gun match with Linea de Fuego out here in SoCal/San Diego and I have a question about optics. I have a Jp-15 set up with a Vortex razor 1-6 currently but am considering switching to a Trijicon ta44 (1.5x) to save weight and get rid of batteries as this is also a double duty gun. Would the 1.5 power mag keep me in TacOps or could I move down to TacIrons? I’m just trying to figure out if the .5 of extra magnification would keep me from competing with those set up with red dots and the likes there of. I’m not particularly in love with the razor E model but also don’t have a ton of time behind it either. 

Thanks in advance ! 

John  

This really belongs over in the multi gun section.

https://forums.brianenos.com/forum/48-rifle-technical/