Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How long does your match "fix" last?

fcernese

Honestly I can go two or three weeks if it's just locals. I used to love locals but this year i just havent enjoyed them much. I enjoy a good live fire practice more. Most of the time at a local I end up RO and score keeper, all while trying to stay focused on my game. At the beginning of the year I like to do a few weeks of locals then get right into SS nats, and L2 and 3 matches. 

23 hours ago, fcernese said:

I notice that after a Saturday local match I'm good till about Wednesday, after that I get itchy for another match. 

Im with you, except by Tuesday I'm ready for more. 

Since 2016 I've been okay with just a few matches a month but this year has been different for me. I'm focusing on just USPSA and I can't get enough. I finally got above an A class score on 1 classifier last Sunday and got well above B for the other two that day. This is also the first year Ive been shooting the same gun, usually I shoot something different all the time and lots of three gun. 

My last match was in September of 2019.

It’s safe to say that I am through the withdrawl phase and out the other side.

(Got remarried, bought a big fixer-upper project house, I’ve got three chainsaws to port & build, a pair of 5.3L LS heads to build for a customer, a tractor with a blown motor I need to rebuild…)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

On 8/18/2021 at 4:26 AM, Bakerjd said:

Honestly I can go two or three weeks if it's just locals. I used to love locals but this year i just havent enjoyed them much. I enjoy a good live fire practice more. Most of the time at a local I end up RO and score keeper, all while trying to stay focused on my game. At the beginning of the year I like to do a few weeks of locals then get right into SS nats, and L2 and 3 matches. 

You forgot also doing 90% of the resetting too.

There's nothing quite like looking forward to a match, paying the fee, and then getting "that squad" and deciding after a stage it's not worth shooting anymore.

I use to get antsy for my next match within a day or two. This year however, when I pack my range bag on Friday night I wonder if there is something better I could be doing with my weekend.

Edited by Artemas

I'm good for about 1.5 weeks after a local, and longer after a bigger match.  When I come home from a level 2, I usually feel "gunned-out".  I don't want to look at, talk about, think about guns for a while. I always had a ton of fun, but a whole weekend intensely focused on 1 thing with no intrinsic value feels really out of balance.