Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Muzzle brake suggestions?

jason237m

I need suggestions for a light weight (preferably titanium) for a pencil profile barrel (.625 diameter).  Cost isn't as important as the weight. 

Building a new AR for 3 gun and going for minimum weight. 

1 hour ago, cooper_999 said:

A very popular one here in Europe is the Norwegian Tronrud TE-Titan compensator. 3D printed titanium weighting 2.3oz /Standard or 3oz /Open version

some details here:

the firearm blog

it’s incredibly effective and a funny side effect are the nice sparkles 😁 

D226FAC0-9228-487F-BA1F-D76DC11770FF.jpeg

You know of any way to get one in the US?

7 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

You know of any way to get one in the US?

Brownells Germany, Austria for example are selling them. Maybe you can get one via Brownells US? This is a way for us the other way round to get US parts here. Another option may be ordering one from an online shop in Europe. Don’t know if there’s one exporting?

On 8/16/2021 at 10:56 AM, CharlieD said:

The APA Answer would be my pick.  2.5oz and one of the most effective brakes for 3gun.  

This would be my pick as well.  2.2OZ according to their site.  So maybe not the lightest.

Or you could go with the Gen 2 Micro at 1.8OZ

Edited by LuvDog

I've never used them but this place makes titanium brakes in the < 2oz range.

https://tactical-advantage-armory.com/products.html#!/BC-Series-Titanium-Compensator-*Desert-Sand-Cerakote-shown/p/50997893/category=23811043

I especially like that they rate their brakes on recoil reduction, flash signature, and concussion.  I'm sure it's subjective, but I wish all manufacturers would do that.

I’ve been using this: https://patriotvalleyarms.com/ultralight-jet-blast-muzzle-brake/

Aluminum, which is weird, but weight is 1.37oz, which is ridiculous. Feels slightly less effective than the VG6 Lambda PRS (4.8oz ish), but not by much, and part of that may just be the weight difference. Showing little/no wear after ~2-300 rounds of 6.5 Grendel, and comes recommended by some people on the Hide forums (who, I don’t recall off the top of my head, but pretty sure that’s where I found it to start with). Also nice that it’s jam-nut style, so install/swap is easy.

12 hours ago, Bad_Karma said:

Yes, I have both the 5.56 version and recently added the 9mm version. Love them both. Very minimal recoil and with the removable screws for the top ports, also little if any muzzle rise.

• 2 weeks later...