Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DIY Glock 44 trigger jobs?

JD45

So, It's been out a while. Anyone have any tips?

I see that Vanek has a drop-in that's very expensive.

I guess there's 2 choices. One passes for GSSF matches, and the other doesn't.

Hi, my buddy bought a 44 and I measured the trigger pull at 8lbs on a Lyman digital scale. It was horrendous and absolutely no fun to shoot. I ordered and installed the Vanek drop in for him. The trigger is awesome, a little less than 31/2 lbs. and smooth as butter. It is a little pricey, but in our opinion worth every penny, hope this helps. 

It's surprising though that no one on here has DIY tips. In centerfire Glocks tons of people share what they've tried.

I know a rimfire is different and is really prone to light strikes, that's why I asked on here.

• 2 weeks later...

Cost is kind of the same issue with the new Timney Alpha Competition triggers. But they are getting rave reviews from everyone. If I was a Glock guy I'd be all over it. So I got one for my best friend's birthday instead. He can install it, like it and tell me all about how fantastic it is. ;)

Edited by Dranoel

I know, and it's been about figured out by now on the centerfires.

But who knows what works on a G44 rimfire?  Many people would settle for a cheap spring and connector swap just to reduce that awful 8 plus lb. pull to 4-5.  We don't need a 2lb. , $200 kit for plinking.

Edited by JD45

• 3 weeks later...