Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What parts are needed to convert a Grand Power X-Trim to X-Calibur's lighter trigger pull?

kwt

Anyone know what parts are needed to convert a Grand Power X-Trim to X-Calibur's lighter trigger pull?

I contacted Global Ordnance and asked what parts are need to convert the X-Trim to the X-Calibur's trigger pull.  They said "all “X” trim pistols have the same fire control group in them. "

TIA

• 2 weeks later...

My understanding is that their response is correct. The X-Cal and X-Trim have the lighter/better trigger group due to the lack of firing pin block; all other versions of the MK12 have the FPB and are a little heavier. 

Please post if you turn up something different, though!

As I recall from previous posts, on here or the Facebook GP Group I cannot recall, the hammer and sear of the X-Calibur is different from the X-Trim. They yield a lighter, but less crisp single action pull. 

I do recall from the Eagle Imports (when they were the importer) site that the X-Cal hammer and sear were different part numbers.

You could always call Global Ordnance and ask if the parts are different

• 3 months later...

I finally got a response back from Global Ordinance.  Took a few emails to get an answer.

They will not sell individual components for the Grand powers.  They are reserved for warranty work.

That changes my plans to use a GP for matches. 

1 hour ago, kwt said:

I finally got a response back from Global Ordinance.  Took a few emails to get an answer.

They will not sell individual components for the Grand powers.  They are reserved for warranty work.

That changes my plans to use a GP for matches. 

It's why I changed platforms. It's a great gun but I'm not willing to subject it to match abuse with no source of parts.

Hell, I shoot Chiappas, and even they're better than that.