apetrulis01

Which Upper is more Accurate?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What Upper is more Accurate

• Griffin Armament 11.5"
    • POF Renegade Plus 10.5"
    • PWS 11.85"

Hello:

Looking to get another SBR upper for my Suppressor when it gets out of jail. I am right handed but left eye dominate so I shoot my rifles left handed. Out of these three which is the most accurate?

Looking at POF 10.5" Renegade Plus, PWS 11.85" or Griffin Armament 11.5". I would look at something with Criterion Core Barrel but i would get my suppressor before I would get a barrel or upper. 

Thanks for the input,

Adam

It will be nearly impossible to determine what upper will be most accurate with a given rifle especially when a suppressor is employed.  It is not so much about the upper itself, but the individual components, and more so due to the attachment method, lockup, internal characteristics of the suppressor and the inherent accuracy of the ammunition used.   You could get all of the above, and find that amongst 3 people, the same rifle may never be the most accurate twice.  

33 minutes ago, Robertwil18 said:

It will be nearly impossible to determine what upper will be most accurate with a given rifle especially when a suppressor is employed.  It is not so much about the upper itself, but the individual components, and more so due to the attachment method, lockup, internal characteristics of the suppressor and the inherent accuracy of the ammunition used.   You could get all of the above, and find that amongst 3 people, the same rifle may never be the most accurate twice.  

I get that, I should have said, in general, which one of these uppers are usually more accurate..............................................................

In general the one with the best barrel will be the most accurate, but it may only like a very limited type of ammunition. So of the 3 listed I'd go with the one that has the best barrel.

8 minutes ago, kurtm said:

In general the one with the best barrel will be the most accurate, but it may only like a very limited type of ammunition. So of the 3 listed I'd go with the one that has the best barrel.

That is exactly what I am asking people to give their opinion on...................................

After reading all 3 manufacturers web sites it becomes quite apparent that they each have the best barrels so that only leaves picking the best of the best. Thankfully that narrows it down by quite a bit, so I voted for all 3!

I haven't messed with any of the 3 barrels you mention in your first post, but have played with Larue 12" stealth barrels and I do find them pretty damn impressive in the accuracy department. All his barrels are 223 Wylde Chamber and 1/8 twist, I think 12" is the shortest he offers. The trade off is weight but the barrel I used were better then MOA at 200 yards using 69" Sierra TMK's. Maybe something to look at.

Edited by DocMedic

Yup.

We all have our favorite AR makers.  I really don't know much about any of the three you listed.  I've got a few SBRs, the least expensive being a 300BLK with an 8" upper from Aero Precision.  Keep in mind, I'm no sniper, but even the Aero Precision shoots great at 50 yards, where I zero my patrol style rifles.  All of those wear a Dot sight of some kind as well, which is going to spread my hits out a little bit.  They will all hit a C zone steel target at 200 yards easily.  Point being, any quality maker will be good enough for what an SBR is intended for, in my opinion.

Nope, this post isn't causing any offense. I asked a question about barrels. was hoping to get an opinion on which one of the 3 is generally more accurate. I get there are variables but there are also barrel companies and  lengths that are accurate over a wide range of rounds. So, I get answers like isn't possibly and all three websites says there are the best. Sooooo, not getting the question answered so no reason to keep it open, simple.  

Honestly. You’re not looking at a super boutique barrel that claims 1/4 moa from any of them. They’re all going to shoot pretty damn well and if not they’re all companies that have great warranties.

I know times are tough but you could always piece one together on your own and get a barrel with accuracy guarantee. If that’s not in your wheelhouse the one that has the best price point is probably where I’d lean.  

1 hour ago, apetrulis01 said:

Nope, this post isn't causing any offense. I asked a question about barrels. was hoping to get an opinion on which one of the 3 is generally more accurate. I get there are variables but there are also barrel companies and  lengths that are accurate over a wide range of rounds. So, I get answers like isn't possibly and all three websites says there are the best. Sooooo, not getting the question answered so no reason to keep it open, simple.  

You missed my point and that of the moderator. I care zero about your topic personally. But this forum doesn’t delete threads just because we may want them to. They may close them to further replies if somebody violates a forum rule but your topic will be here forever so that others may learn from it.

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

You missed my point and that of the moderator. I care zero about your topic personally. But this forum doesn’t delete threads just because we may want them to. They may close them to further replies if somebody violates a forum rule but your topic will be here forever so that others may learn from it.

You guys have been a great help. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, apetrulis01 said:

You guys have been a great help. Thanks.

What caliber is this going to be? 223 I assume? And what are your accuracy goals? What kind of optic will you use? I have done load development for several rifle length barrels and have been able to get them all to shoot great with the right ammo bullet etc. I have never really pushed a short barrel for accuracy. All my SRB/pistols have dots on them and think that limits how accurate they can be at distance.

Just now, Chillywig said:

What caliber is this going to be? 223 I assume? And what are your accuracy goals? What kind of optic will you use? I have done load development for several rifle length barrels and have been able to get them all to shoot great with the right ammo bullet etc. I have never really pushed a short barrel for accuracy. All my SRB/pistols have dots on them and think that limits how accurate they can be at distance.

And after you all figure out which barrel will shoot the best can you tell me which of these 3 women will treat me the best? 👩‍🦰🧑‍🦰👩‍🦱

LOL!

• 1 month later...