Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unpopular opinion: cigarettes and cigars at matches

yekcoh

cigarettes and cigars at matches  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This brings to mind a story, the other day we were walking along the sidewalk and there was a chick vaping and a dude was walking kind of behind her. She let out a big bunch of vape (I guess is what it's called), and it reminded me of someone in a diesel rolling coal on somebody else. It was pretty comical. I don't know if he thought it was as funny as I did 😂

9 hours ago, yekcoh said:

This isn't really about health. It's about distraction. No one should be talking to (except RO) or cheering the shooter when they are making ready. This is a given. Everyone is aware of that. Everyone should be silent to allow the shooter make ready to their fullest potential. If you wanna come shoot and hang out for fun, that's perfectly fine. But there are some serious shooters who are dedicated to push their best at every match.

And keep in mind, this is a biased poll since nearly all smokers are going to hard vote on No.

You don't wear ear-pro?  

I'm not a smoker, never have smoked, but this used to be a free country and if you want to smoke....that's your choice and I support your right to make choices.

I'm not sure whether this thread started as a troll or not, but since you asked, I voted NO, not only NO, but Hell No!

7 hours ago, Eric802 said:

Apparently our sport is now golf. Spectators must be quiet after "Make ready". Maybe the RO's should be given those "Quiet Please" paddles they can hold up.

Don't give the snowflakes any ideas!!!

Nolan

I like to enjoy a cigar during a match.  Most of the time I put it down if I'm ROing someone.  Not always and I have never had anyone say anything.  If someone were to be sensitive about it then I would make sure that I don't smoke around them while they are getting ready to shoot.

3 minutes ago, barry said:

i wonder if anyone who lives within 1/2  mile of the  range your botherd by smoke is bothered by the noise of gunfire.

That’s on them for buying a house near a gun range. Kind of apples to oranges

6 minutes ago, Sarge said:

That’s on them for buying a house near a gun range. Kind of apples to oranges

Agreed. Kinda like it's on you not to go places at allow smoking if you object to smoeking. Some people want to ban shooting ranges. Some want to ban smoking .some gas powered cars . Fyi never smoked tried it .wasn't worth it to be as cool as some of my friends in high school.

On 8/10/2021 at 3:18 AM, AverageJoeShooting said:

just put the gun down and challenge the offender to a duel

if you win they stop smoking 

if they win they get to keep it up

its really the best and only solution to this type of problem

frankly i think our country would be better off bringing back duels

You know this is a REALLY insightful comment on many levels, if you stop to think about it practically and philosophically. 

Once upon a time we relied on the common decency of others to be considerate, while still allowing people to be free.