Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Price Increases

Farmer

Not trying to stir things up just preparing. 
Everything has gone up and some more than others. I got some combine parts this year and one had gone from $112 last year to $235 this year. Others have way more than doubled. 

Edited by Farmer

41 minutes ago, RudyVey said:

..just the question: if the 15% apply to the old - pre-covid - prices, or the new one....anyways, we are screwed - getting to check out some bows soon.

Prices have gone up since covid already, so this would be on top of that I'm sure. But not on top of the inflated gunbroker prices. I'd say add 15% to what ever PV's current numbers are. So Federals are $60/k probably looking at $70/k is probably a good guess. 

These things are so valuable to know beforehand. Thanks Farmer for posting this. I have become somewhat lazy on my powder replenishment but this just lit a fire under my rear end…..Powders are starting to show up again but I keep telling myself I will grab 10 +/- lbs at a later time….Not anymore….

This thread just saved me at least $50.00. Maybe more…..Thanks again Farmer

8 hours ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

These things are so valuable to know beforehand. Thanks Farmer for posting this. I have become somewhat lazy on my powder replenishment but this just lit a fire under my rear end…..Powders are starting to show up again but I keep telling myself I will grab 10 +/- lbs at a later time….Not anymore….

This thread just saved me at least $50.00. Maybe more…..Thanks again Farmer

Yeh, my cousin sent me this and he had told me the guy that supplies their trap house with powder had gotten some in. The price was higher and I said I thought I had enough but now maybe not. 

Edited by Farmer

Because we all know that most reloading component companies will follow this increase I decided to start my “looking” now. I checked Midsouth and they have AA1680, AA2460, and several other powders in stock right now. Decided to pick up 3lbs of 1680 (300 B/O go to powder) and 6 lbs of 2460 (223, 30-06, and 308) - both at a cost of $29.02 per lb.  This will provide me a good start on restocking what I have been using….Now to nail down a few more lbs. of 231/HP-38 for my pistol loads…..Thanks again…Mark

On 8/10/2021 at 6:25 AM, Sigarmsp226 said:

Because we all know that most reloading component companies will follow this increase I decided to start my “looking” now. I checked Midsouth and they have AA1680, AA2460, and several other powders in stock right now. Decided to pick up 3lbs of 1680 (300 B/O go to powder) and 6 lbs of 2460 (223, 30-06, and 308) - both at a cost of $29.02 per lb.  This will provide me a good start on restocking what I have been using….Now to nail down a few more lbs. of 231/HP-38 for my pistol loads…..Thanks again…Mark

Keep an eye on Hodgdons website. They have it often. 

Truth told it is everywhere. Dillon Precision has had two price increases in 2021 and it is because their raw materials are costing them more. I see it in the grocery store also….

My wife told me to think about what I want to have in my reloading inventory (equipment as well as components) and put a plan together NOW on buying what we can afford knowing that for the most part whatever we purchase now will more than likely be an investment in saving money in the near future…I place an order every two weeks with Delta Precision for 1000 bullets… I am up to 12,000 now (actually 10,000 because I have shot 2,000 in the past 2 months) and will slow down and replace what I shoot when I get 30,000 in my inventory….Nothing I would love more than to buy 10,000 at one pop but our one income budget will not allow that…..I will get there - slowly but surely…..