Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Sig Armorer?

ahfox32

Considering sending my 320 Legion to TSA for a competition action job, Barsto barrel, and maybe a tungsten guide rod. My question: are the improvements worth the cost? What is your trigger pull weight after the TSA work? Any other items you'd recommend for upgrade/improvement?

This will be a dedicated steel challenge/carry optics gun.

The trigger is a huge improvement.  Shorter pre-travel, Much more crisp break, shorter reset, and basically no over travel.  I never checked the weight, but I can say after having one done, I immediately sent my other gun.  I can’t comment on the barrel fitting.  I will eventually get that but currently my gun is accurate enough for USPSA.

There is no argument against an improved trigger, as light as you can SAFELY manage.

Heavy guns are in fashion, but a tungsten guide rod only adds a little weight. 

If a P320 barrel is as good and as well fit as a metal Sig, aftermarket does not seem cost effective.  

I sent mine in over a year ago, and it's been great. Trigger pull was reduced to 1# 14.9 oz, 10 pull average. It's as close as you'll get to a 1911 with a striker fired gun. I did replace the original Legion trigger he modified to eliminate the over travel, with an Armory Craft "Slightly Curved" Trigger. It has adjustments, so I was able to eliminate the over travel to be the same as with the modified Legion trigger.

Here's a video I posted a while back on the trigger action after the SA Comp job...

https://youtu.be/G79dSxcqAiI

SA Trigger Pull.jpg

X5 Legion Grip 2 (1).jpg

On 8/4/2021 at 1:51 PM, GlennX5L said:

I sent mine in over a year ago, and it's been great. Trigger pull was reduced to 1# 14.9 oz, 10 pull average. It's as close as you'll get to a 1911 with a striker fired gun. I did replace the original Legion trigger he modified to eliminate the over travel, with an Armory Craft "Slightly Curved" Trigger. It has adjustments, so I was able to eliminate the over travel to be the same as with the modified Legion trigger.

Here's a video I posted a while back on the trigger action after the SA Comp job...

https://youtu.be/G79dSxcqAiI

SA Trigger Pull.jpg

X5 Legion Grip 2 (1).jpg

What was the trigger pull weight before you sent it to TSA?