Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I turned one of my mags into a maraca

Obvious

So I've enjoyed these posts because they make me feel like less of an idiot at my matches. Well yesterday I made a TON of small screw ups - rushed stage walk through and blasted a no shoot I didn't see, pointed out a stage was virginia count and then still took two make up shots out of pure habit, etc. Well on my last stage of the day I was the first shooter up, I keep a full mag in my back pocket as a barny mag and then my start mag on a magnet and two mags in their pouches. Shooting limited I pretty much never reach for that third mag. Well I was struggling to hit the steel plates/swingers and took way too many shots, so as I was running to the last array I reloaded and when I got there I was able to fire one round then nothing. went through the typical TRB and nothing, did it again before I decided I had to drop that mag and reach for my initial barny mag in the back pocket. Absolutely murdered my time on that last stage. Turns out my spring and follower somehow snagged on my aftermarket base pad (maybe loaded one extra round too many?) so my bullets were just flopping around inside. 

• 2 years later...

That’s definitely a lesson learned. It happened to my daughter because she decided to stuff her mags so she didn’t have to reload as much but she did end up with maracas. So she just learned to reload faster 😂.  I try not to ever fully load my mags. On some of my mags with a extension… I’ll take a file and smooth the internal area where they come together. Mainly, it’s on the mag side not on the extension.  Glock mags and Taylor Freelance is where I learned to do most of these.