Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP SCI-20 and CTR-02

mail123321

You certainly do not need the monolithic SCI-20 to hit targets at distance. The CTR-02 is mostly an aesthetic upgrade and has been around awhile. I use the standard JP-15 and have connected out to 600 with no problem.  Either of those would be fantastic competition rifles. 

Owning half a dozen high end ARs for 3 gun including JPs, get whichever one is lighter for a given barrel length and contour. Probably JP15 with 16" light but not the pencil profile. You could go to top tier of the sport without the rifle limiting you.

20 hours ago, inertia said:

Owning half a dozen high end ARs for 3 gun including JPs, get whichever one is lighter for a given barrel length and contour. Probably JP15 with 16" light but not the pencil profile. You could go to top tier of the sport without the rifle limiting you.

Hi Inertia, Based on your experience, which other completed AR u recommend besides JP. Cobalt Kinetics? 

Thank you . 

12 hours ago, mail123321 said:

Hi Inertia, Based on your experience, which other completed AR u recommend besides JP. Cobalt Kinetics? 

Thank you . 

The relaunch of cobalt looks promising but I have not shot or handled the new rifles. I'm sure they are very nice but at their top of the line race rifles price you may have reached the point of diminishing returns. I will just tell you what I have told others. When I wanted to get serious I purchased a full jp build and that gun got me to the level where I no longer pay for my rifles, though I am not supported by JP. I now build very nice rifles using some pretty exotic parts and know what I need but that's many rears into the journey. People will tell you this and that build your own to save money, but competitive 3gun is not a money saving endeavor. If I didn't know exactly every part I wanted to maximize my performance I would just buy the JP and run 30k through it by then you will know if you want other options.

CTR-02, actually 1 of 10 built.  It can shoot way out there.
 Our 3/2 G matches usually have targets out past 400 yards to 500.  

I have shot a 650 yards before , frequently banging the gong.