Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SSP trigger question

Nor-cal_Shooter

13 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Do you look at the pistol and only see stock parts on the outside? Do all of the safeties still function? Then the rule book is plenty clear.

When I read the rule book, my interpretation was that it was not allowed. But some other locals I’ve talked to at matches say it’s legal. 

The trigger is stock and all parts look stock from the outside. The trigger safety tab is trimmed some. Most wouldn’t notice but a Glock guy would see it upon closer inspection. And yes, all three safeties are fully functional and pass all the Glock armorers tests for them. 

Edited by Nor-cal_Shooter

9 hours ago, Nor-cal_Shooter said:

When I read the rule book, my interpretation was that it was not allowed. But some other locals I’ve talked to at matches say it’s legal. 

The trigger is stock and all parts look stock from the outside. The trigger safety tab is trimmed some. Most wouldn’t notice but a Glock guy would see it upon closer inspection. And yes, all three safeties are fully functional and pass all the Glock armorers tests for them. 

For those of us interested, can you point out the language that leads you to think that just reducing pre and/or over travel is not allowed?

On 8/3/2021 at 3:28 AM, SGT_Schultz said:

For those of us interested, can you point out the language that leads you to think that just reducing pre and/or over travel is not allowed?

Mainly the trimming of the trigger safety tab. In my opinion, that can be seen as a modification that is visible externally.

Edited by Nor-cal_Shooter

2 hours ago, Nor-cal_Shooter said:

Mainly the trimming of the trigger safety tab. In my opinion, that can be seen as a modification that is visible externally.

It IS an externally visible modification. 

If you can find a different way, by all means.

However, why bother?  The trigger isn't the limiting factor.