Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 magazines

Haalck

I have heard good things about the new Atlas 2011 mags.  Not a lot of data on them yet, but for 100-120 for a complete 2011 mag they might be worth a shot.  I have some coming with my Athena once its built. Mag comes complete.  

4 minutes ago, kk4364 said:

Depends on the caliber, and manufacturer of the pistol. 

Caliber is 9mm. The gun I built myself from a Brazos slide, Cheely frame and STI 1st gen grip

16 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

I have heard good things about the new Atlas 2011 mags.  Not a lot of data on them yet, but for 100-120 for a complete 2011 mag they might be worth a shot.  I have some coming with my Athena once its built. Mag comes complete.  

I’ve got Atlas guns, so YMMV but I love the new atlas mags. All 8 of mine have been flawless out of the box after slapping in grams followers and springs. I’ve tried them with the lock back internals in a buddy’s Staccato XC and they performed well in that too. 

I’ve got a bunch of MBX mags still and I don’t have anything negative to say, I’d just suggest the Atlas ones because of the cost. 

I have a stock sti apeiro in 9mm. I load round nose bullets at 1.15OAL. I have a 5 Gen 1, 2 Gen 2 and 4 of the Gen 2.5 sti mags and have never tuned any of them. They all run perfect with grams guts with the follower cut for non lock back. 

I've got a ton of stock STI mags and three of the new Atlas magazines.  You won't have to replace the spring on the Atlas mags and they have a nicer aluminum base plate.  Oh and they are available in black DLC rather than teflon paint.  Should hold up better.