Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Radway green brass

Rogue13

Rogue - Let me first say that I have ZERO direct experience with this brass but in reading comments on other forms from folks that have experience with this brass - it seems that it may have a couple of minor challenges that you should be aware of before you start using this brass…..

Here is one comment from another forum reloader - again this is not my direct experience…..Heavy, low capacity, thick necks and variable dimensions. When we see it, it's been fired in the L85A1 (SA80 rifle) or our equivalent of the US M249 SAW and they do terrible things to the spent brass on their way out.

Hope this helps - not trying to say anything negative - just wanting you to be aware of comments from others experiences with this brass…It reads to be reloadable - you will just need to be careful to ensure you do not get a case stuck and you use a powder that may be more dense…….

Thanks for Reply Sig, I Googled it and can't find a whole lot about it other than it's made in the UK....they are 99/00 and have Boxed primers...brass looks good....I'll see how they hold up on a test run of about a 100 before attempting to load all of them

Radway Green is British Military Arsenal.

I have only used their 7.62x51 brass and while a little heavier it is excellent.

I would imagine that the 5.56 brass is good too.

I suggest weighing LC/WCC?FC against it.