Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

p320 21 round magazines


yekcoh
 Share

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Texas45 said:

I just got my order delivered from Sig. Try them. $49.95 each

 

When did you order yours?

It's certainly out of stock 

Capture.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, davsco said:

are the factory 21rd sig's the go-to for uspsa carry optics?  with the factory basepads?

Yes but you have to grind a portion of the pad away to make them fit. It's pretty easy and I think the guy from "go fast, don;t suck" did a video on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OhioLefty said:

I use 21 round factory Sig magazines with Taran Tactical Innovations (TTI) +2 baseplates with stock 21 round springs in USPSA.  They fit the gauge and have been 100% reliable.

^^^^This

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OhioLefty said:

I use 21 round factory Sig magazines with Taran Tactical Innovations (TTI) +2 baseplates with stock 21 round springs in USPSA.  They fit the gauge and have been 100% reliable.

I realized that +2 actually requires a special follower to allow 23 rounds.

 

Quote

 

Don't show OOS at CMMG.

 

https://cmmg.com/magazine-sig-sauer-p320-21-rd-blk

 

You guys are awesome. Thanks!! Just placed an order at CMMG 


Edited by yekcoh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, yekcoh said:

I realized that +2 actually requires a special follower to allow 23 rounds.

 

You guys are awesome. Thanks!! Just placed an order at CMMG 

 

 

No need for special follower. My 21rd mags just needed TTI Base. Stock Spring and Follower. I can fit 23 rd no problem

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SeattleDude said:

 

No need for special follower. My 21rd mags just needed TTI Base. Stock Spring and Follower. I can fit 23 rd no problem

 

Hmmm. I have TTI basepad but can only fit 22 reliably. 23 is too tight to cycle. Taran seems to have updated the product description. It used to be called 2+ but now it just says 1+. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, yekcoh said:

 

Hmmm. I have TTI basepad but can only fit 22 reliably. 23 is too tight to cycle. Taran seems to have updated the product description. It used to be called 2+ but now it just says 1+. 

 

Hmm... I picked up 6 of TTI Pads last week from Shooters Connection. 22 Reloadable, 23+1 to start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, SeattleDude said:

 

Hmm... I picked up 6 of TTI Pads last week from Shooters Connection. 22 Reloadable, 23+1 to start.

I gave myself the benefit of the doubt and just tried again. 22 no problem. 23 really really forced and not reliable. Thus 22+1

 

I also tried Gramms follower. 23 but last one is really forced in making the slide difficult to cycle... So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here

 

Edited by yekcoh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, yekcoh said:

I gave myself the benefit of the doubt and just tried again. 22 no problem. 23 really really forced and not reliable. Thus 22+1

 

Its possible that springs will break in a little bit after use

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, yekcoh said:

I also tried Henning's follower. 23 but last one is really forced in making the slide difficult to cycle... So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here

 

Try Grams spring and follower kits.  With the TTi basepad my magazines hold 23+1.  With most stages being 8 round neutral, that gets you through three arrays without a reload.  If the stage is longer than that, reload with a magazine holding 22 rounds so it will function.  If the reload contains 23 rounds, it may not seat all the way and drop out or there is enough pressure on the slide to stall the gun.  With that one reload, you have 46 rounds available which is more than the normal field course.

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Grams-SpringFollower-Kit-Sig-Sauer-P320P250-P4544.aspx

 

It also helps to use a Uplula to load the mags, specifically loading the 23rd round.

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Uplula-Universal-Pistol-Loader-P437.aspx

 

BC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BillChunn said:

 

Try Grams spring and follower kits.  With the TTi basepad my magazines hold 23+1.  With most stages being 8 round neutral, that gets you through three arrays without a reload.  If the stage is longer than that, reload with a magazine holding 22 rounds so it will function.  If the reload contains 23 rounds, it may not seat all the way and drop out or there is enough pressure on the slide to stall the gun.  With that one reload, you have 46 rounds available which is more than the normal field course.

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Grams-SpringFollower-Kit-Sig-Sauer-P320P250-P4544.aspx

 

It also helps to use a Uplula to load the mags, specifically loading the 23rd round.

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Uplula-Universal-Pistol-Loader-P437.aspx

 

BC

 

Correction, I tried Grams follower and spring and I'm still getting 22 reliably. 23rd one is forced in. I normally use 22 rounds just fine but there is at least one stage at a majaor where 23+1 is a big advantage so I need at least one that works. Here is one example... 

 

Not sure why I have to explain why I need a 23+1... 🤦‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You aren't kidding.  I looked around for some new 21 round magazines and they are out at all of the places I usually buy from.

 

My mag setup is using the 21 round magazine body with the Taran +2 and the Grams spring and follower for a reloadable 23 round magazine.  I did have a few magazines that wouldn't quite fit the gauge with this combo so I had to take a tiny bit of material off the back of the feed lips but they are all good now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wurm said:

You aren't kidding.  I looked around for some new 21 round magazines and they are out at all of the places I usually buy from.

 

My mag setup is using the 21 round magazine body with the Taran +2 and the Grams spring and follower for a reloadable 23 round magazine.  I did have a few magazines that wouldn't quite fit the gauge with this combo so I had to take a tiny bit of material off the back of the feed lips but they are all good now.

Yeah I searched for them for two weeks and realized all outta stock but the kind folks on the forum guided me nonetheless.

I'm still having a hard time fitting 23 rounds... Springs are new but I still find that concerning especially since I'm shooting majors pretty soon...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a few 21rd magazines that have grams springs, followers, and TTI basepads.  I don't trust them to run 23+1 rds.  Sometimes they work,  sometimes they don't... perhaps they are still relatively new but so far they're not 109% reliable.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All 8 of my 21rnd with tti +2 pads hold 22 and can reload with iut them falling out the gun or slowing slide down too much. 23 is doable but..... very tight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have 8 21rd. mags with TTI bases, stock spring and follower, and get 23 reloadable. I use a LULA on the last round, but I can do it with my thumb if I want to. Don't want to do it all day though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...