Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PSA: Help for phantom PCC double feed problem

Built a PCC for my 19 YO. grandaughter several months ago. She is very good with PCC in USPSA & UML 3-gun. Built it fairly light & fast. Used Quentin Arms matched billet upper & lower. Original barrel was a Taccom 13/16 super feed, Taccom SS BCG, 3 stage buffer, CF handguard, & Timney PCC trigger. She loved it and shot it very well. But it would double feed every once in awhile. Drove us nuts. Checked everything and could not figure what was causing it.

Changed the barrel out to a JP, same thing. Installed a Taccom feed ramp setup up exactly like mine that is 100% reliable, same problem, occasional double feed. No pattern to when it would happen. Different ammo including factory & my reloads. Different factory Glock mags, different size mags. Very random, but would always happen to ruin a good match.

While cleaning it I noticed the ejector hook was slightly loose, almost not movable, just barely. didn't think much of it and tightened the set screws that had blue loctite. Gun ran perfect for several hundred rounds. then started again. Checked it again and very slightly moved. Took it apart and used red loctitie and now after about 2K rounds all good. Something to check every time I clean it. 

gerritm

This is actually good advice no matter the platform.  Screws can loosen over time, especially when connected to a part taking a beating every time you shoot.  

Thanks for the reminder.  Going to make sure i add it to my post-season tune-up checklist.